Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New Diesel Fuel Prices

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 07:15 PM
DIEZEL24V
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Diesel Fuel Prices

Some gas station owner was telling me that in October / November the new Low Sulfur Diesel will also cost as much as 5 - 20 cents per gallon more , depending on what State you live in ?

Has anyone heard this ?[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Mike

Old 08-02-2006, 07:19 PM
stewtina
Veteran
Default RE: New Diesel Fuel Prices

Anything so the oil companies can make more record profits. I used to think insurance was the biggest racket allowed by law well was wrong and its the oil companies. [:@]

Old 08-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been buying ULSD since March 05

Old 08-02-2006, 09:04 PM
usafr
All Star

Just to recap,,,,,,,,, Thank you Mr. Busch for allowing such a thing (oh wait, your retirement is secure) & (what happened to that investigation on price gouging???) and to the Tree Huggers, how can we forget you...............

Old 08-03-2006, 01:55 AM
Bozz

Dude,

Get a reality check. When you slam the oil companies and the elected officials, you should first become educated on the subject you intend to attack them on. You say oil companies are at fault for the high gas/diesel prices yet we here in the U.S. pay considerably less than anyone else in the world, except of course the Middle East countries were the majority of oil is produced. I would ask that you do a little research as to the cause of the high gas prices and then make an educated decision/comment.

With China and a few others entering in the market for demand of the oil that is produced from the Middle East the cost of a barrel of oil has risen greatly. It used to be that the U.S. had a great influence over the countries that produced the majority of the worlds oil. Today China and others are much more likely to overlook a lot of things the U.S. held over these countries. Also, China is willing to pay the extra required to attain the oil and we here in the U.S. have been spoiled with the low oil prices/low gas prices.

Do you know when the last oil refinery was built here in the U.S.? What does this matter to the cost of the gas? I would say that you need to educate yourself and then make a decision on which direction we go as a country.

Personally, yes I do work for an oil company. But, I believe and feel we have entirely to much dependence on oil and need to look to alternative fuels to satisfy the needs our country has. There is going to come a time in the near future were our dependency on oil is going to cause severe problems here in the U.S. Unless, we as citizens and voters in this country force the elected officials to wean ourselves off the oil, we will be heading down a road that everyone will suffer the consequences.

Old 08-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Coleo

hete to tell you this but the big myth is most of the oil comes from overseas saudi arabia ect
in fact most of the oil you get comes from up here in canada
it is the percieved shortage that is driving up the price of oil
our refineries up here are constantly upping production and storage capacity
as far as the price of fuel goes yours is still relatively cheap
we are up to $1.14 a litre which takes 4.5 to make a gallon which makes $5.13 a gal
as far as low sulphur diesel goes we have been running it for say almost 2 yrs now with no major price increase directly conected to it

Old 08-03-2006, 04:32 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Drew

been buying ULSD since March 05
Im sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I have had little to no Diesel experience. What is the difference between ULSD (besides that it has low sulfur). Or more specifically why would one want to put it in their vehicle.

newb question[]

Old 08-03-2006, 05:00 PM
usafr
All Star

NO DUDE, YOU need to get educated, and YES I WILL continue to slam them b/c they are the problem, stop watching CNN and get a clue of what is really going on.

Old 08-03-2006, 05:10 PM
usafr
All Star

BOZZ,

another thing,, I know that this is an open site and we can say whatever we want to,, mainly b/c no one is face to face. But before you begin to be sarcastic and use your little cocky tone,,,,, think about who you are talkin to,, who they may or may not be, and what they may or may not know.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

woah woah mikey. . .go grab a mountian dew, the heat sounds like it is getting to ya.

anyway, the ULSD is replaceing the LSD cause the enviro commie weenies say it is 'better for the environment'. load of crap if you ask me. anyway, ULSD contains >15ppm sulfur, LSD contained around 500ppm sulfur.

we realy have no choice about it unless you choose to brew your own Bio.

one more fact for all to chew on, do you realize the environmentalist movement has roots in Communism, and the kyoto treaty was specificaly written to hurt the economy of the US and was drafted by communists posing as environmentalists.

thank GOD we never signed that horrid piece of junk.

Quick Reply: New Diesel Fuel Prices