Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New Mega Cab Owner Needes Advice.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Mega Cab Owner Needes Advice.

NAPA 2790 air filter

and the battery is behind the air filter, what you are seeing is the factory spot for the air filter for the 3rd gens.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:32 AM
htgriffith
Veteran

SAYING IF YOU USE A AFTER MARKET AIR FILTER WILL VIOD YOUR WARRENTY IS LIKE SAYING IF YOU USE A AFTER MARKET OIL FILTER, FUEL FILTER ECT. WILL DO THE SAME. I'M E MAILING DODGE AND CUMMINS TO SEE WHAT THEY SAY. AND IF THEY SAY IT IS OK AND THE DEALER GIVES ME S*IT I WILL CONTACT THE DODGE REP. , I DID THAT WITH FORD, ITS AMAZING WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE REP. CALLS THE SERVICE MGR. LOL.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:38 AM
htgriffith
Veteran

http://www.knfilters.com/warrantyletter.htm

Old 08-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude that letter ROCKS !!!!

That should make anyone who feels even just a little bit leery about using a K&N filter feel better about doing so. I've used K&N filters on all of my viechles including my bikes and just seeing that letter and seeing how K&N stands behind / WITH their customers makes me feel better for doing so. Their customer support just cannot be ignored !! Truely amazing !!

Old 09-12-2006, 08:55 AM
htgriffith
Veteran

Check this out..................

http://www.injen.com/

Old 09-12-2006, 02:05 PM
usafr
All Star

darn you htgriffith,, now I found something new to spend money on. I am kinds curious about this thing, howd you find it?

Old 09-12-2006, 10:51 PM
htgriffith
Veteran

I was at the local ProShop and found out about it. As you could see I was going to get a K&N set up foe my truck, Well my friend the owner of the ProShop said I should wait that thier was a new system from ijen coming out, He said all the dino reports on it had 2 times the HP gains than K&N and all the othiers. so I'm going to wait and try it.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:57 PM
usafr
All Star

Cool, keep us updated. I have the K&N system, but I'm always looking to upgrade.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:33 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Drew, I know you probably answered this already.... Where did you get the guages and mount? Did it allow you to keep the stock grab handle in place? How much did you pay?

Old 09-13-2006, 01:01 AM
BlkRam69
Professional

Griffith,

I agree, the CTD and Mega Cab are awsome, and there are two answers to your questions as already outlined by others and both answers really depend on how much you want to spend.

If you mod it (chips / programmers) and you blow a freeze plug or burn up a tranny (more on that later) or just take it in to replace some weather stripping and the dealer sees the chip or traces of it then your warenty will likely be gone and any repairs from there on is out of pocket.

As you have already bought the BDTD (and like it as I do!) I have a few suggestions from personal exp. with my Mega Cab.

1. To let it breath better and retain low end torque I would suggest a drop in replacement filter such as the AFE proguard 7. This filter is less restrictive while maintaining the manufacturers requirements for particulate filtration and requires no alteration of the air intake system.

2. If your looking to open the exhuast I say just replace the factory muf. with a free flowing muf. such as the Aero Turbine Resonator. Opens the exhuast and sounds great!

3. Thats it. Your done! This combined with the BDTD gives you extra round town and highway power and (on tow/econo) increases MPG.

Now If you wanna go "out there" then the sky is the limit but this set up gives you extra power / MPG with minimal dealer noticeable mods. Of course you want to make sure you reset the original programming on the truck before any service.-(not just stock mode)

Two other recomendations:

Step 1. Keep it (Bully Dog TD) on tow/econo. If you constantly run the performance or extreme (not recommended) then see step 2.

Step 2. Plan on upgrading the (automatic) tranny quick. Valve body, torque converter at least.

Again, from my exp. the extra power is awesome and addictive. My tranny has shown signs of slippage lately (rpm's hit 3k sooner with a decrease in the butt dyno during off line starts).

So as coined early: You have to pay to play.

Legal disclaimer:
The previous is not in any way the opinion of the Dodge Forum or its members. This is mearly my two cents. [8D]

Congrats, Welcome, and Good Luck!

Quick Reply: New Mega Cab Owner Needes Advice.