Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Kore suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 10:28 PM
dieselram
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kore suspension

I just bought the Kore Chase series suspension kit and steering stabilizer. I originally wanted to order the Unlimited series, but its a little overkill for my needs and super-expensive. I talked with Kevin at KLM Performance and he helped me get the right kit for my driving and helped me save alot of money too. The mini leaf pack really helps absorb the bumps and expansion gaps in the road. I'll post some deeper reviews up here in a few weeks once I try it out in all situations (on road, off road, towing, etc).
ALso, if anyone is looking for suspension parts, check out KLM Performance, they treated me great.

Old 09-02-2006, 03:53 AM
Dodge This
Professional
Default RE: Kore suspension

Thats cool. I just got an 06 QC and that kit looks like what I want. Are you going to do the install yourself? If so I would like to know how it goes.

Old 09-02-2006, 04:32 AM
SpLaT
Captain

Installed my Kore Chase system last week.. minus steering stabilizer next payday. Works GREAT!! Smoothes out wash board no more bottom out on rough roads(carry about 1000lbs of tools in a ratpack toolbox) Outfit I bought it from put unlimited system on one their trucks and did some video of it getting air borne.... all I can say is paint the truck orange stencil on Gen. Lee and look out Daisy Duke!! [sm=drooldude.gif] Towed my 29ft 5th wheel ...smooth! I did have to take it in for wheel alignment as I installed it myself, the new coils add 3" lift to front does put alignment out some, rear spring pack adds 1" lift. The other Dodge guys at work are very envious, but best of all the 2 ford oh-nos are cryin [sm=boohoo.gif], cause not only am I leavin em the dust, I ain't spillin me drink. [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 09-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Dodge This
Professional

Thats cool. I want to get the KORE kit soon. I need to save up the $$$ and am going to try to install it my self. Also looking at the Banks power kits.[sm=gears.gif]

Old 09-14-2006, 09:37 PM
dieselram
Captain

I didn't install the kit myself, I've been away from my house for three months now, living in a hotel so I paid a company to install it. They only charged $360 to install it all! I can't wait to take it out on the real trails within a month or so, should be fun.
I saw that video, wish I could do that. I tried to order that one, but its just north of $10K and removes the payload capacity (about 1,000 lbs total).

Old 09-14-2006, 10:45 PM
SpLaT
Captain

I hear ya... really wanted that "unlimited series" setup... but gonna have to wait till mother-inlaw kicks the bucket, collect inheritance.... then I'm goin "flyin". So far very impressed with the "chase series" still feel the bumps, but with no banging from from rear overloads and truck tracks straight when running on wash board roads, no more fish tailing!! Hitting larger potholes that seem to sneak up are less intimidating. With at least 50% more wheel travel combined with the "Fox" nitrogen charged and extra resivoirs shocks the blows to the running gear are softened up darmatically!! I've have put on about 8000miles since and just had my truck in for a service had the guys put her on the alignment rack and check out tie rods and ball joints, everything is still tight and true. (spend alot of miles on some pretty rough roads)
Running about 45-50,000 miles/year on these "goat trails" should give this Kore system a good work out. I will update progress as the miles rack up for anyone interested.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:12 PM
dieselram
Captain

Well I'm interested for my own future maintenance/reliability issues. I only get to drive my truck a total of about 20K miles a year.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:57 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Thats too funny!

Old 09-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Wastetoidinaz

I just bought the Chase sys today. Hopefully all will go well

Old 09-17-2006, 03:32 AM
dieselram
Captain

ORIGINAL: sharx ram

Thats too funny!
After owning my truck for 16 months, I've only put 15K miles on it. Wish I had more time to drive it. At this rate, the truck will out-live me (maybe I'll use it instead of a hearse at the funeral ).

Quick Reply: Kore suspension