Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

good dealership story

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006 | 04:04 PM
usafr
|
All Star
Default good dealership story

O.K., my appt. was for 0900 to get the oil changed in my truck. I show up at 0845, give em the keys and all is well,, should be done in an hour. (thats 1 HOUR). Im sitting in the waiting room, watching the idiot box, and playing with my daughter (shes 3 1/2 months old, which is why I have the appt., so I dont have to wait all day), anyways, 0945 I get up to stretch and walk around, when I look outside and oh my freakin goodness, but what do I see? My truck still sitting in the same place that I parked it when I first drove up. I politely asked for the service manager and explained the whole shebang to him. To my surprise this is what he says: "Sir, I apologize, if you will give me just 15 more minutes I will have your truck taken care of, and there will be no charge." So sure enough, 15 minutes later, oil change was done and it was free. I even, curiously looked into the fender well to see if there was a new oil filter, and sure enough, it was brand new. I was sure expecting trouble tough, I guess it pays to be polite.

Old 09-11-2006 | 04:31 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: good dealership story

Sounds like you just found a new best friend. I'd put that guy on my Christmas card list.

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 09-11-2006 | 04:44 PM
cumminalong

At least someone has found a service manger that understands the reason for his existance; THE CUSTOMER!

Polite is for the first time.

Slightly stern is for the second time.

Angry is for the third time.

Completely pissed is for the forth time

Stark, raving, lunatic demanding new truck, refund or entire new drive line from intake to exhaust tip is for the final time!

Old 09-11-2006 | 04:53 PM
silverram99
Captain

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

At least someone has found a service manger that understands the reason for his existance; THE CUSTOMER!

Polite is for the first time.

Slightly stern is for the second time.

Angry is for the third time.

Completely pissed is for the forth time

Stark, raving, lunatic demanding new truck, refund or entire new drive line from intake to exhaust tip is for the final time!
That sort of sounds like experience talking.................. LOL

Old 09-11-2006 | 05:13 PM
usafr
|
All Star

I know what you mean,, I usually skip steps 2,3&4, and just go straight to stark raving, psycho, scarin em s***less freakeyed mad. But I ALWAYS give polite the first try. lol. Thanks goes out to the United States DOD for producing people that can go from calm to completely psychotic mad in just 5 sec.

Old 09-11-2006 | 05:18 PM
jakebrake
Champion

couple seconds faster and you'll break the world record

Old 09-11-2006 | 05:43 PM
cumminalong

Just imagine how fast those times can really be when the person that you pissed off because you screwed with their truck was a Drill Sergeant for 3 years.

WRONG GUY TO GET IN A PISSIN' CONTEST WITH!!!!

But I'm not bitter with the dealer or anything......[:-]

Old 09-11-2006 | 05:44 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: silverram99

That sort of sounds like experience talking.................. LOL
Brother, you have no idea!

Old 09-11-2006 | 07:10 PM
usafr
|
All Star

Know watcha mean. When someone lies to me, especially where it costs me money and time,,, I start getting a headache, then I get visions of campaign hats and yelling, start hearin gunshots and explosions off in the distance. Then everyones voice who tries to calm me down sounds similar to a languge that sounds like a fat woman caughing up a hairball. "No sir, no side effects here."

Old 09-11-2006 | 07:34 PM
Mayfair
Legend

In all fairness, I think if you had a good experience, not only should you give us a heads up, but put a feather in the guy's cap as well. Send the dealer, the head office, wherever, an email letting them know how happy you are with this guy. It only takes a minute, and if it'll help keep a good egg around for the rest of us, we'll all owe ya one.

Just a thought ....

Quick Reply: good dealership story