Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Newbie - Just bought '06 Ram 2500 (Big Horn Edition)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 11:19 PM
brent78
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie - Just bought '06 Ram 2500 (Big Horn Edition)

Went to get coffee Saturday morning... next thing I know my engine is overheating. A coolant hose or clamp broke loose (I imagine) and steam was rolling out from under the hood. Only 300 miles on my truck, can you believe it!!! No service departments are open on the weekends in my area, so they gave me a dodge stratus to drive until Tuesday when they can repair. Everything is under warranty of course, but I'm pissed because my parents flew in from across the country and we had a road tripped planned.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:47 AM
BlkRam69
Professional

Oh man, sorry for your trouble. I did tried my darndest to find something to do (road trip) when I first got mine. Turned out we wound up going out of town to the in-laws. Not something I would normally look forward to but it was great.

Again sorry for your trouble and whats up with the friggin stratus? Talk about insult to injury!

What a kick in the junk!

I know it wont help much but Tuesday is just arounbd the corner.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:32 AM
usafr
All Star

you bought the exact same truck that I did. I've added a few things to mine,,, I just love it. don't feel too bad about the coolant hose,, mine fried the ecm and underhood fuse panel. at least they gave me a 2500 with a hemi instead of a car though, that sucks. anyways, thats a good looker.

Quick Reply: Newbie - Just bought '06 Ram 2500 (Big Horn Edition)