Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Air Conditioning Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 05:38 PM
ramtradxb
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Conditioning Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have a regular cab Chevy truck for work, and it will freeze you out much faster than my '06 Quad cab- but much of that is due to the cab being much smaller in cubes and therefore being able to exchange the air mass much faster at the same fan speed. I don't think the aircon in the CTD by design has any faults - Brazos is right, don't be nice if it ain't right - it should cooll you down. When it's in the triple digits, I do as they suggest when first getting in - use the Max air button along with the air con to recirculate AND open a window all the way. I keep my truck windows all closed without a sun visor in the windshield and it cools down within a couple minutes at a hundred degrees outside temp, when I follow those directions. So if yours won't do that - I'd not let them off the hook.
I have another vehicle that the mfr put out a TSB saying the fix of the aircon (which doesn't do as well as the CTD in triples) is to replace the condensor, compressor, and related parts with a more robust unit they started putting in the next model year - and one dealer told me they won't do that TSB unless THEY decide it isn't cooling as well as it should. That's when it's time to go to another dealer!

Old 10-08-2006, 11:36 PM
brent78

I have an '06 2500 CTD, and the A/C does leave much to be desired. I used to drive a Ford which I believe has superior A/C. My Ford I often had to turn off the A/C or I'd freeze to death, I do not have that problem with my Dodge (unfortunately).

Old 10-09-2006, 06:19 PM
RustProofCorn
Professional

there is a update for the 2006 dodges there is some door that doesnt open properly so you dont get the air blowing out like it should i accually got pretty good a/c untill my door broke i talked to the warranty department and they said it was a well known problem and the update would fix me up good..

Old 11-21-2006, 12:26 AM
trbodiesel

take it back.. i had the problem too.. mine was 8oz low on freon

Old 11-21-2006, 04:29 AM
jakebrake
Champion

The problem is they don't run the a/c long enough for the carbon seals on the compressor to seat properly. They will slowly leak. So if I were to get a new truck, I would run the a/c constantly for a while to seal up the compressor.

Quick Reply: Air Conditioning Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1