Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Automatic Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 01:29 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic Headlights?

Coming from a Ford I loved the automatic headlights, but the Dodge lacks that feature. Is there a place were I can get an aftermarket auto headlight kit, or does dodge even offer one that will work in my 2500. Oh, as a newbie I was just going to mention something that I learned off of here that the delearship did not know about. I read about the high idle feature on the autos, and I asked them to activate it for me. I now the people that work at the delearship and they had no idea how to do it, or even that it existed. I had to take them to the sight to prove it. LOL.

Thanks in advance
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-04-2006, 01:39 AM
jakebrake
Champion
Default RE: Automatic Headlights?

Here's a link
http://hotronicsproducts.com/store/p...?products_id=4

Old 10-04-2006, 01:47 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

Does that setup use the default switch or is it another button. Do you have them to know what the install is like? Thanks

Old 10-04-2006, 01:55 AM
jakebrake
Champion

I believe you can still use the dash switch, not sure though. It was one of the options I was thinking of going with. In the end though, I just went with my left hand. Besides I usually run with them on anyways.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:20 AM
BlkRam69
Professional

Bottle,

33's fit nice without any probs. 35's tend to rub on the control arms under full crank (parking) of the wheel. As far as the auto headlights go I turn em on the man. way too. Theres a couple things I would add the the Ram if I could such as:

1. auto lights
2. real dual zone and auto climate control
3. memory seat and mirror settings

All three are on my wifes grand cherokee limited and these are nice fetures I almost expected to see on the Laramie edition.

Oh well, These things rock regardless.

Theres a couple Mega(cabs) Rams on here with larger tires but ours could almost be kin. Mine was just like yours before I cought the (modding) fever.

Welcome!

[IMG]local://upfiles/13484/BCB6995CFE5848FF9AA04A974308B737.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-04-2006, 02:21 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

Well on the 06's they are always on 50% but they turn on fullest and dash lights up when you flip switch. It is just the process of turning them off. I am so used to the fords auto off i will forget and run down the battery. They will auto cut off if left on but after 8 min, and thats a long time.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:25 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

thanks for the size in the tires. Do they turn off when you lock the truck if the engines off? How long do they take to turn off? Do you leave yours on all the time?

Old 10-04-2006, 02:30 AM
BlkRam69
Professional

Thats a good Q. I dont know if they turn off if left on or not.

All I know is that the darn thing keeps "dinging" at me until I turn them off (or I guess until I close the door and walk away) [8D]

Old 10-04-2006, 03:29 AM
ga_noplugs

ORIGINAL: BlkRam69

Thats a good Q. I dont know if they turn off if left on or not.

All I know is that the darn thing keeps "dinging" at me until I turn them off (or I guess until I close the door and walk away) [8D]

I've got an '06 and the headlights do turn off if left on. You can even lock the door and go if you want (and that dam dinging does stop when the door closes)

I've actually gotten used to the feature. comes in hand with a truck full of groceries.

Oh, and when you do open the door after the ights have shut off, that dinging start all over again......
r

Old 10-04-2006, 05:28 AM
ramtradxb
Professional

Squirt Bottle - are you saying your lights are on - even at 50% - all the time as in DRLs? Did you buy yours in Canada? I've never seen any in these parts that are on all the time at any amount unless the switch is turned on. (I apologize if I misunderstood what you are saying)
And yes, every DC I've owned in the last five or six years has had a thing where the power shuts down after X-minutes if something's left on and you close it up and go away - the CTD is no different. And, if you choose to manually turn the lights off after you shut down the ignition, they will stay on for a period of time without shutting power off, but shutting themselves off after the specified period.

Quick Reply: Automatic Headlights?