Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Front Leveling Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Brent13
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Leveling Kit

For those of you who have installed a front leveling kit I would like to get your opinions. I am looking at getting the Hellbent Steel kit. I have seen it for about $110. Is this a good quality kit? I assume this kit and all the others preload the spring and am wondering if the ride gets pretty stiff? These trucks ride pretty stiff as it is and I don't want to get a bone jarring ride. Are there any problems associated with this or other leveling kits? I have read about some getting the "death wobble" after install also. Sounds like an alignment with the proper caster has taken care of this problem. Any other issues to look out for? Give me all the cons of a leveling kit?
My truck is an 06 QC 4x4 CTD auto......

Thanks,
Brent

Old 10-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Front Leveling Kit

realy, the best leveling kits are just spacers that lower the mounting point of the spring. if you start loading the spring you will dammage them, plus it looks kinda cheezy.

topguncustomz.com ( think) makes a good 2" leveling spacer, Revtek also makes one, and Kore suspension makes a very nice one. Kore specializes in the suspension of the 2/3500 dodges.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:29 PM
troop
Rookie

I just put the heel bent steel kit in my truck. I got no wobble its not stiffer, the spring isn't compressed any more that it was to begin with. I took mine to have it allighned and they told me it didn't need it because it was only 2 inches, I said are you sure they said ya its still within factory specs. I didn't belive then so I went to another garage they told me the same thing. I'll just keep an eye on the tread wear. If you tow with it alot don't do it I hauled a dump trailer the other day with 9 ton on it and it looked like my truck was gonna start wheelying down the road, still handled fine but like i said I had 9 ton on the back. I think it looks good I will probally get some helper springs for the rear because the front sits a little higher than the rear now. I got mine because I put 18inch rims and tires on it and it was pretty close to rubbing. I plow with my truck and I was afraid the tires would rub. Of course after carrying a v-blade plow around for the next 6 months I probally won't need the helper springs in the rear.

Old 10-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Brent13
Rookie

I don't even own a trailer so towing isn't an issue with me. So the Hellbent kit DOES NOT preload the spring? Same ride as before the leveling kit?

Old 10-06-2006, 09:44 PM
mjh1019

I have the Hell bent lift and it works fine. With just the lift I am running 35 x 12.50 ProComp Extream A/T's on factory rims. You will like this lift. You can also buy it on ebay for $65. If you don't have an ebay account you can just call them and they will honor the ebay price.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:39 PM
troop
Rookie

its just a 2 inch spacer all it basically does is raise the truck up, the spring doesn't know the difference the weight of the truck doesn't change and you still get to use your stock shocks.

Old 10-07-2006, 09:06 PM
usafr
All Star

I put the Hell Bent steel kit on mine, I like it alot. Installation was fairly easy. The product is very well made. I found it on e-bay for alot cheaper than directly from the manu., like $75 shipped. The ride is the same as before. Make sure that you have the front end alignment checked after installation though.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:07 AM
josh2500
Rookie

Does anyone know where i can get the hellbent leveling kit? There isnt one on ebay and someone said you could call them and they will honor the ebay price. Do they have a website or phone number?
Thanks

Old 04-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Joel_MD
Captain

Check this link: http://www.fatbobsgarage.com/cart/in...3&parent=0

Old 05-01-2007, 05:49 PM
josh2500
Rookie

I just ordered the hellbent leveling kit. The stock shocks will work wont they, or do i need longer ones?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Front Leveling Kit