Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Want to upgrade sound system in '06 2500 CTD

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006 | 04:18 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker
Default RE: Want to upgrade sound system in '06 2500 CTD

if you have the infinity system than you have the 7 speaker.

If you have the no infinity system you have 4 speakers.

you could call your dealer and ask them if you have the infinity system. just give them your VIN.

Also I think you can see the amplifier when you open your glove box. it should be right behind it.

Old 10-11-2006 | 11:58 PM
ramtradxb
Professional

God Ram It reminded me of the difference between the systems - the Infinity has the additional amplifier (in addition to the Infinity speakers) and that is the big difference in distortion and ability to crank the tunes...

Old 10-12-2006 | 12:21 AM
brent78

ORIGINAL: ramtradxb

God Ram It reminded me of the difference between the systems - the Infinity has the additional amplifier (in addition to the Infinity speakers) and that is the big difference in distortion and ability to crank the tunes...
Is installing an aftermarket amp behind the glove box a difficult task? If I'm going to upgrade the speakers, might as well give them an amp as well since I doubt the factory deck will provide suffient power.

Old 10-12-2006 | 02:18 AM
cookie_monstr
Professional

dude..do this...2 8' under the seats...elemental design makes bad *** 8' subs...and a boston acoustic component system to match and ur good to go... u wont be dissapointed...oh and the subs run for bout 65-75 depending where u go... trust me on this...

Old 10-18-2006 | 04:26 AM
Flent
Rookie

Here is a system I have installed on several vehicles and several friends have the same system.

Fronts in the truck call for 6x9. Get some MDF and cut an adapter and spray the MDF to water proof it or buy adapters to make it a 6.5" speak in the front door. Purchase Alpine type R components for the front and install the tweeters in the factory location on the dash. By installing the tweeters on the a-piller you would need to be able to delay the right front speaker allot in order for proper stage and it with them up the the stage would be to high.

In the rear do alpine type s 5.25 coaxials. All you need in the rear is rear fill.

Get a nice Alpine Head unit cda 9855 or 9857. A nice alpine 4 channel wich would fit under driver seat.

Now dynamat the entire driver door with extreem dynamat and the rear doors I would put no less the a 10"x10" sheet on each door.

This setup will have extreemly clean highs and the mid bass of a 6" sub.

just my recomendations.

This is the system I will be installing in my 05 ram.

I already have the Alpine CDA-9857.

Old 10-25-2006 | 05:08 AM
drurywoodson

If you do nothing else, put dynamat xtreme on the front doors, both inside and out. It's the single best mod you can do. You can have great speakers, and without dynamat they will sound like crap. Next, get an amplifier and a set of components. I like Boston Acoustics and Dynaudio for the speakers. I don't think the amps matter nearly as much, but I went with McIntosh. If you buy an amp off eBay (which I did), be prepared to spend an extra $300 on repairs to get the thing working right. I've bought 5 amps off of eBay, and 3 of them needed repairs. Two of them broke shortly after installation. I've had better luck with eBay speakers.

Quick Reply: Want to upgrade sound system in '06 2500 CTD