Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

The Transition to Ultra-Low-Sulfur Diesel Fuel: Effects on Prices and Supply

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006 | 08:27 PM
DBLR
|
Record Breaker
Default The Transition to Ultra-Low-Sulfur Diesel Fuel: Effects on Prices and Supply

Here is some lite reading on the subject of ULSD: http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/servicerpt/ulsd/index.htm

And here: http://www.dieselforum.org/meet-clea.../road-to-2007/

Old 10-16-2006 | 08:50 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: The Transition to Ultra-Low-Sulfur Diesel Fuel: Effects on Prices and Supply

LOL .... I thought you said LITE reading ....

Old 10-17-2006 | 09:45 AM
max39
Amateur
Default RE: The Transition to Ultra-Low-Sulfur Diesel Fuel: Effects on Prices and Supply

They speled Tran$ition wrong.

Old 10-17-2006 | 05:24 PM
DBLR
|
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

LOL .... I thought you said LITE reading ....

I forgot to say except for Mayfair sorry[&o]

Old 10-17-2006 | 05:53 PM
usafr
All Star

Im with Mayfair,,, I'll just nod my head and agree with it.

Old 10-20-2006 | 07:10 AM
RandyF
Amateur

"Using current catalyst technology, the fuel-rich cycle could reduce fuel efficiency by 4 percent.".....

That's like....1mpg

Old 10-20-2006 | 12:18 PM
DBLR
|
Record Breaker

If like you say it's only 1 mpg then why have many people gotten a loss of up to 4 mpg. Even at 1 mpg it will cost you some where near an extra $5.00 per tank of fuel, that is if you get 16 mpg. At 10 mpg the cost goes up to around $8.50 per tank. That comes to $20-34 per month and for those who buy 3 tanks a week it comes to $60-102. per month extra.

Now add up all those dollars over the life of the truck and it does add up. This does not include the extra lube many will have to put in there tanks to keep there fuel systems and other parts working. Lift pumps are not cheap nor is the labor to install them.

And if you want to use if they can't afford the price of fuel don't own it. Well just a few short years back the price of diesel was around 25 cents a gallon cheaper. Now we pay an extra 50 cents to 85 cents a gallon more and they refine it less then gas yet charge us more then Gas.

OK I'll stop and get off the soap box now.

Quick Reply: The Transition to Ultra-Low-Sulfur Diesel Fuel: Effects on Prices and Supply