Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Fogs On W/ High Beams...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006 | 07:16 PM
twotrack68
|
Rookie
Default Fogs On W/ High Beams...

I know I saw somewhere here the mod where you use a jumper wire & connect a couple of terminals on 2 different relays so that the fogs can stay on with the high beams. I believe it was one in of the gasser sections. Can this be done with the CTD? This may sound stupid and/or I may be blind, but I can't find any relays on my truck. There's none in the underhood fuse block. Any idea how I can accomplish this? Thank you!
Scott

Old 10-01-2006 | 08:49 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: Fogs On W/ High Beams...

no relays in the fuse box? that sounds strange. there must be another box somewhere that has them.

go here http://www.hemitruckclub.com/ and on the left side of the page is a link to download the '06 service manual. that should have enough info for you to get what you want done.

Old 10-03-2006 | 02:23 AM
twotrack68
|
Rookie

Thanks for the link. For some reason I can't open it. I'll tinker around & look a little harder for the relays but man I just did not see them. Maybe their buried under the dash somewhere but I didn't see them while I was hooking up my brake controller either. I'm sure there's a trick to this.
Scott

Old 10-03-2006 | 09:12 AM
htgriffith
Veteran

I do not know if the dealer will do it for you, They will do the idle up (So I read), My Bullydog programmer has the( high beam/fog light ) so I would say the dealer can, It does say for off road use only, So tell them thats what you are going to use it for.......

Old 10-19-2006 | 04:21 AM
ramtradxb
Professional

No wonder twotrack couldn't open the darn thing - it's over 9000 pages in Adobe! But it's the whole manual - nice to have if you have the room. But now I still have to find where in the wiring diagrams the relay and fuse box is, and then figure out what pins to jump...
Anybody do this already to save me a ton of reading?

Old 10-19-2006 | 02:28 PM
Rockdude

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.dodgeram.org/tech/mods/el...ight.htm#Hifog

Old 10-19-2006 | 03:40 PM
Nelspruitdodger
Professional

Again, I was paging through Geno's garage, they have all sorts of options that plug into the harness.
Aparently the left and right head lights '05-'07? operate on their own systems, Geno's supplies relays for them both as a kit.
Also have the option having all three running at the same time - high, dim and fog lights. - Pretty cool!!

Old 10-19-2006 | 08:10 PM
ramtradxb
Professional

Rockdude - thanks, but I have an '06 and that link is for anything prior to '01. I'll see what Geno's has - but was hoping someone did this already to their '06 and could shed some light (no pun intended) on how to do it.

Old 10-19-2006 | 09:04 PM
ramtradxb
Professional

The gasser discussion (and pics) was for an '04 - later years are different.
The Geno's Garage kit looks like a good way to go - if you don't mind forking out the $189 bucks they want for it for Fogs, Lows, and Highs. If I don't get someone coming up with a jumper soon, I think I'll just go for the kit from Geno's - thanks Nelspruit...

Old 10-19-2006 | 11:55 PM
she torques me

I'll ask my dad if the DRB machine can do that to an 06. If he can, I'm going to have a few things done to mine in hunting season. I can't get the stinkin locks to unluck (all doors) by programing the key faub myself. I'll let you know if I talk to him this weekend.

Quick Reply: Fogs On W/ High Beams...