Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Opinions Plz don't know what to buy

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006 | 09:38 PM
speakle
All Star
Default RE: Opinions Plz don't know what to buy

I would definately get the quad cab short bed. Unless you really need the bed space I think the short looks better and your truck isnt so long. I just got mine a few months ago and love it. The only regret I have is not getting the 4x4.

Old 10-28-2006 | 04:36 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

another QC SB here, I love it 100%. tons of power, reasonable fuel economy (for a 7000# truck) and seats 6... what more could you want?

Old 10-28-2006 | 05:21 AM
Local Yokel
Professional

2006 MegaCab 2500 4x4 here. I have owned 3 Chevy Suburbans, a 77 Ford Pick up, and numerous cars. This is by far the Best purchase to date. What amazes me is the ride quality. Rides like a car, not like the typical 4x4 truck. Its very quiet considering, has gobs of power, and it will last - period. I traded a Neon in on it so I was a little nervous at first about parking it etc. but after the second day it was like nothing. Definately go for the QC or MegaCab, 6 foot bed is fine 99% of the time, but you could use the backseat room 100% time ...

Old 10-28-2006 | 03:47 PM
ramtradxb
Professional

I'd have to side with the SB vote - I got the long bed (was many hundreds cheaper) but there are times I wish I hadn't - won't fit in Wally's parking spaces, and you need a 40 acre field to turn it around...

Old 10-28-2006 | 09:37 PM
Ben D.
|
Champion

I definately think i will be going with the qc sb model with the six speed tranny i have it narrowed down to two colors the dark patriot blue or the electic blue opinions anyone. Also when i get the truck what is protocol for breakins on a diesel. ive heard for gassers the first 3000 miles take it ez on the engine do some hard accelerations from time to time and after that enjoy. is a diesel any different. also what are regular maintence items for a diesel. I really plan to take care of this specially if i get the trx4 model whcih will prolly be just shy of 40k so i definately want to take care of the investment

Quick Reply: Opinions Plz don't know what to buy