Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

All the Hidden Features?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006 | 08:59 PM
Nelspruitdodger
|
Professional
Default RE: All the Hidden Features?

...... and she believes you.......raaaiiiiight.

Well, the booking is done and she is in for her surgery at 9am this Thursday morning.

Thanks for the response, will let you know how it went, sure could use that high idle right now.

Old 11-15-2006 | 12:14 AM
aka_chewy
All Star

By BlkRam69
Mine came with it so I didnt have a choice but I think back to the first (and second and third etc.) times I put it in reverse with my door open and the look on my face (scared the ****e out of me) and then thinking of those who (dealer) put it on and what there first reaction was / is.
Mine came with it also and I have never heard of that option. The first time it happened I was backing up to a trailer, needed a few more inches so i jumped in, door open, hit reverse and it started beeping like a ****. I put it in park, jumped out and just stared at it like the damn thing was possessed. The buddy helping me laughed his *** off because of the look on my face. Makes me wish he had a camera.

Old 11-15-2006 | 01:46 AM
Nelspruitdodger
|
Professional

So do we!!!!

Old 11-15-2006 | 02:51 AM
twotrack68
Rookie

Reading this takes me back to the first time it happened to me and I still find myself laughing about it! There's a radio-off delay? Are other optional features like this listed in the manual? Yeah I know, I really should read it cover to cover but I only hit on the high points so far like maintainance.
Scott

Old 11-16-2006 | 02:48 AM
RyEnFF31

Just a few questions
I have a 6spd Man Trans and was wondering if the daytime running lights can still be activated on my truck.

What is needed and where can I fint the parts to make the High Idle work with the man trans?

And is the dealer the only one that can turn these features on?

Thanks

Old 11-16-2006 | 04:09 AM
htgriffith
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

None that I'm aware of, but you might want to ask if the dealer is going to activate the back up alarm BEFORE you take it in. I remember hearing here that once it's done, it can't be UN-done, and the the dealer isn't always up front about letting you know that they are going to do it.

Mayfair, You may already know this but thought I would share, If you have your door open in Rev. to prevent the horn from going off just keep your foot on the brake a little bit. I found this out when I let off the brake baking up hahahahaha.

I would have to think thier is a wire comming off the door to the brake assembly telling it the door is open. If we could find a wiring digram we could fix this thing. hehehe

Old 11-16-2006 | 05:32 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Thanks for the heads up, but I don't think anybody's looking to jam my 98 up with the alarm.

Old 11-16-2006 | 03:12 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

A $9 relay and some wire will fix your back up alarm problem. With a DPDT relay you can even honk your horn (if you wanted to) while backing up.

Old 11-16-2006 | 05:26 PM
Nelspruitdodger
|
Professional

Had the high idle enabled - $46.00

It's great, works like a charm.

Tech' could not enable the radio feature - said it was not available on this truck?

Did not do Day Time Lights, as I like to drive with the park/fog lamps on in the day, tech' said if enabled it would be headlights too?

Avoided the terrible back up alm' , but DC did want to know if I had received the TSB notification. Whe I said I had not he seemed rather relieved??????

Edit: DC wanted between $57.00 and $80.00 to do a fuel filter change plus the cost of the filter $29.00, then add Uncle Sam's .
I will be visiting at Geno's later!!

Quick Reply: All the Hidden Features?