Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

AERO TURBINE Installed! Here's the review...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 05:13 AM
RedRacer44
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AERO TURBINE Installed! Here's the review...

Yeah, I checked my mileage after I got rid of the heavy foot I had I filled up and drove like an old man like I normally do but still didnt notice much mileage gain really. We will see if it possibly might get better as time goes on after the muffler "breaks in" like some stated in another thread...

I did notice a small EGT drop at 65-70 MPH (only like 50-100 degrees) and a larger drop in EGTs at 75-80 MPH (100-150 degrees) which was a nice surprise. I will be hooking up to my enclosed trailer saturday morning for a 2 hour drive to a motocross race with 2 quads in the trailer....so we will see how the Aero does with a slight load.

Again, I'm very satisified....

I am going to drive a few mileage tests with trying different settings on my Edge...what do ya think Steve? Thought about turning the chip down and see if I get any mileage increases but I'm doubting it. Edge told me that they were seeing their best mileage gains with the chip turned to the highest setting with the EZ box so thats what I've been running it at but didnt see any mileage gains with that either. But I'm gonna play with Edge and see how the lower settings work with the free flowing exhaust I have now....

Only time will tell...

Old 11-24-2006, 11:22 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts

having owned an Edge before (still do actually) the #1 setting is the best for mileage. mine got me better mileage gains than my TST in my opinion, data kinda backs it up too...

Old 11-26-2006, 01:24 PM
crazykidjj87
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i think i may go with the aero turbine now. which one do i get? i wanna take my stock muffler out and slap the aero in and then possibly weld a tip on. idk the size of the exhaust or anything. thats y im wondering which one i should get.

also steve. you say you have an edge sittin around. would you by any chance be interested in selling it? im really looking into one but im not looking into spending $1000. pm or email me about it. crazykidjj0787@yahoo.com

(didnt intend to steal the thread)

Old 11-26-2006, 05:58 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts

I dont think this will work on your truck... it's for an '04.5-'05 truck. you should check with edget to make sure... pm me if your still interested.

Quick Reply: AERO TURBINE Installed! Here's the review...