Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Pics of my pole !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006 | 10:09 PM
MrSlug
Veteran
Default RE: Pics of my pole !!!

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

ORIGINAL: DieselDemon

I ran a 10 gauge extention cord from a triple tap in the front, all the way to the rear and installed a Hubbell box.
What is a "triple tap" ?
Oh that's easy. You need about 500 dollars, 2 hookers and a donkey.....

Old 12-05-2006 | 12:10 AM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker

All our fire apparatus have a shore power plug that has a 12 volt "jettison" feature. When they fire up the rigs, if the shore line is still plugged in, a plunger extends and pops the cord out. It's pretty slick, but a very expensive unit. On occasion I have pulled away forgetting it and it just unplugs. No damage done. When I leave my apt, I leave thru the very door that I took the pic from, so I always remember it. I put that on the truck about 3 months after I bought it. Been there 12+ years....LOL.

Adios.....

Old 12-05-2006 | 12:24 AM
RyEnFF31

Mayfair, nice job, love the pics. I also stole the idea from the fire station. The auto eject plug. When you hit the starter it kicks the plug out. http://www.kussmaul.com/091-55.pdf It costs about $150

Old 12-05-2006 | 01:28 AM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker

There you go Mayfair.........RyEn hooked ya up. Be on the cutting edge......lol.

That is a sweet setup. My luck the cord would shoot out and break someones knees......LMAO.........

[IMG]local://upfiles/12792/EFB2DD904DE848259372396F27D430F6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-05-2006 | 03:59 AM
Mayfair
|
Legend

ORIGINAL: RyEnFF31

Mayfair, nice job, love the pics. I also stole the idea from the fire station. The auto eject plug. When you hit the starter it kicks the plug out. http://www.kussmaul.com/091-55.pdf It costs about $150
Damn dude that thing is cool. My setup would be similar to Demon's though. I'd never forget to unplug it if it was in the rear since I'd hafta walk over the cord just to get in the truck.

Old 12-05-2006 | 04:02 AM
Mayfair
|
Legend

ORIGINAL: DieselDemon

Mayfair, I have the engine heater, my battery conditioner, and I may hook up a ceramic cab heater there as well when the temps fall to extremes. I have been contemplating a heater in the cab for a few years now. I am looking for the perfect sized heater.
A battery conditioner? What, like a battery tender for a motorcycle? Can't you damage a battery by overcharging it? Any problems with starting the truck with the battery conditioner plugged in?

Old 12-05-2006 | 08:16 PM
Mayfair
|
Legend

Update on my heater plug ....

It doesn't make the wait to start light go out any faster. Must have just been a fluke. Today it took it's usual time to go out, about 15 seconds or so in 35 degree weather.

Old 12-05-2006 | 08:18 PM
Drew
Professional

but it is easier on the engine since the oil is already warm, thus is circulates quicker and easier to help reduce start-up wear

Old 12-05-2006 | 08:21 PM
MrSlug
Veteran

I don't know man. Last time I used my heater cord, I was greeted with a CEL! LOL. I guess it was a total coincidence that my Ambient Temp Sensor died after plugging the truck in for 2 hours.

Old 12-05-2006 | 08:36 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker

It doesn't let the WTS light go out as fast as it does in 70 degree weather? No sugar.......

Even in the worst sub zero temps my light always goes off quickly with the truck plugged in. And as far as the batteries Mayfair, a conditioner is a good idea. 12+ years on the truck and my first set of batteries lasted a hair over 8 years. I checked the water level 2 x a year and had added about a shot glass full of electrolytes to each cell maybe 3 or times since I had bought the truck. My second set right now is approaching almost 7 years. My truck is plugged in at least 300 days a year. I have several charging cords and radio batteries charging off the truck's batteries, 24/7. The truck batteries are always "excited". I believe it to be a good thing using a conditioner. I also keep my electrical system in tip top shape. Massive grounds, and oversized cables. I got rid of all the factory crap and crimped all new 1/0 and 4 gauge wiring.

And once a battery drop below 32 degrees, it will not take a charge. Only after the battery has warmed up will it charge at a fast rate.

Ok Mayfair, you made me type too much as it is. My fingers hurt. I will need my strength for tonites activities.

A nice bowl of weedies..........LOL!!!!!!!!!![8D]

Take care my friend.

Quick Reply: Pics of my pole !!!