Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

A crisis of my Manhood

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006 | 02:39 AM
stewtina
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A crisis of my Manhood

Don't take this the wrong way but if you get a 2wd call my wife and she can come pull you out in her 4wd.

Old 12-13-2006 | 02:51 AM
jakebrake
Champion

Congrat's and welcome to ownership of a ctd

Old 12-13-2006 | 04:54 AM
Ralph78
Professional

Congrats on your entry to CDT land. You will love the truck. The only problem you may have with the DRW is they are a BEAR to park in tight spaces, and you will need to watch for drivers that don't give you enough room. Rip one of those fiberglass rear fenders off and it costs a BUNCH. I run GOOD tires on my truck, because if you loose the tread on one of these large E range tires, they really tear up the Rear Fender, bitter experience on my GMC 1 Ton.

Ralph

Old 12-13-2006 | 05:04 AM
ramtradxb
Professional

Congrats COUNTRYDOC - I hope if I ever need some serious medical help, I get someone like you to look after me. And it now sounds like you can pick the appropriate tool for the job - two, four, or six wheels.

Old 12-13-2006 | 09:18 AM
countrydoctor
|
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Ralph78

Congrats on your entry to CDT land. You will love the truck. The only problem you may have with the DRW is they are a BEAR to park in tight spaces, and you will need to watch for drivers that don't give you enough room. Rip one of those fiberglass rear fenders off and it costs a BUNCH. I run GOOD tires on my truck, because if you loose the tread on one of these large E range tires, they really tear up the Rear Fender, bitter experience on my GMC 1 Ton.

Ralph
Good points. Don't have to worry too much about tight spaces out here in western Maine, and people for the most part don't drive like they do in Massachusetts. I have a very good, honest, tire guy up the road, a family-owned business that's been there for years. He'll steer me right when it's time for new rubber.

As for who I'm gonna call if I get stuck, I think my first choice will be MY wife, and she'll come pull me out with HER 4WD.

If she won't come, then I'll call Mayfair's nurse and leave the truck stuck for a while
87436_72604332-b520-4fd0-b02c-40444b55068a_prod_200_thumb.jpg

Old 12-13-2006 | 10:04 AM
DCXgageman
Veteran

Lol. I hear ya. My next daily driver/tow rig is likely to be a 2wd diesel. I think I'm one of the few looking forward to the 6.7L cummins, mostly for the 6 speed auto and factory turbo timer.

Hey, your pics say you want to trade your Chevelle for a CTD. Why would you get rid of it? It looks like a great car! I considered a '67 GTX conv. hemi 4-speed (clone) recently, but I just don't have the room for it right now.

Old 12-13-2006 | 04:35 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: countrydoctor

If she won't come, then I'll call Mayfair's nurse and leave the truck stuck for a while
Hey Doc, if you had MY nurse running around, there honestly wouldn't be much of a reason to leave the house in the first place.

Congrats on the Ram dude !! Now get crackin with the camera !!

Old 12-13-2006 | 04:39 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: DCXgageman

I considered a '67 GTX conv. hemi 4-speed (clone) recently, but I just don't have the room for it right now.
You didn't buy it because you don't have the ROOM ?? MAKE room !!!

LOL !!!

I think my favorite car that I once owned was my 66 Coronet 440. Same body style as the GTX that you were considering. I absolutely loved that car, but I got in WAAAAY too much trouble with it. My Mom gave me an untimatum. Either get rid of that car or LIVE in it. Since I was still in highschool, I had to let it go.

DAMN I miss that car ...

Old 12-13-2006 | 04:48 PM
MrSlug
Veteran

I am always on the look out for a nice SuperBee or Roadrunner. Problem now is they are so damn expensive, even in POS rustola form [:@]

Old 12-13-2006 | 05:23 PM
ramtradxb
Professional

You guys seen that new Challenger that they're supposed to come out with next year? Saw one at the LA Auto show over the weekend - sweet! Looks VERY similar to the original - but it's six inches longer.

Quick Reply: A crisis of my Manhood