Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

A crisis of my Manhood

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006 | 12:37 AM
countrydoctor
|
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A crisis of my Manhood

http://www.newcastlemotorcars.com/im...5G770176_2.jpg

So I've been searching for the right used CTD to get, and I finally found one that fit my needs. I was at work today and was looking at the pics of my soon-to-be-delivered truck online. I was joking (sort of) with some of the nurses that I need a duallie CTD because I've been suffering that mid-life father/husband/breadwinner kind of loss of manhood recently, and figured a CTD would help fill that void.

Well, one of the nurses (not one of the nurses on my A-list, I might add) looks at the picture and declares: "Two-wheel drive trucks aren't manly."

So I am putting the question out there: is 4WD needed to maintain manliness? Can manhood be preserved with 2WD if it's a duallie CTD with posi rear end?

Help me out here.

Old 12-11-2006 | 12:43 AM
clean_sx
Record Breaker
Default RE: A crisis of my Manhood

nah, its alright, if you are a good enough driver even in snow you wont need 4wd

Old 12-11-2006 | 12:47 AM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker

make it smoke.. that'll bring the manliness out

Old 12-11-2006 | 02:35 AM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess technically you DO have 4 wheel drive.

Personally I would go for 6 wheel dve.

Old 12-11-2006 | 02:53 AM
jakebrake
Champion

I love having 6x6. Nothing has stopped my ram, climbiong over downed trees in the snow, going through mud ect. I like to have the extra insurance. How ever if you goin for flat out ***** to the walland would like to get better mileage, I would get the 2 wheel drive.

Old 12-11-2006 | 04:20 AM
Brent13
Rookie

You asked so I'll give my .02. I just can't figure out the 2WD truck. To me it makes no sense. A truck is transportation, but it is also a tool, and 4WD makes it a much more useful tool. Whether it be used to haul your gear, get you into the woods for hunting, or just to get up and down some nasty, off-road hills. It is also a real piece-of-mind in a snow storm with 4WD. To me, regardless of where I lived, my truck will always be 4WD. A 2WD truck just ain't right.....but I suppose it has only to do with your intended use.

Old 12-11-2006 | 05:33 AM
Ralph78
Professional

ORIGINAL: countrydoctor

So I am putting the question out there: is 4WD needed to maintain manliness? Can manhood be preserved with 2WD if it's a duallie CTD with posi rear end?

Help me out here.

A Duallie with posi will go just about anywhere. Look at it this way, a "Manly Man" does not need 6 wheel drive, he can get through on the basis of SKILL and does not need the crutch of 6 wheel drive. (Thats my story and I'm sticking to it).

Actually there are several advantages to having RWD. Fewer problems with the front suspension and the transfer case and extra Diff. axles and drive shaft, lower maintance costs, lighter empty weight due to no transfer case and front diff..

Old 12-11-2006 | 05:36 AM
Ralph78
Professional

Nice looking truck, what are the details and specs for it?

Old 12-11-2006 | 08:38 AM
DCXgageman
Veteran

Come on! If you're having a mid-life crisis, skip the truck and go straight for a Viper.

Sounds like the doc needs a psycho doc.

Hey, it never ends. Once ya get 4x4, then you need bigger tires, then you'll need a lift and even bigger tires. Then, you dive into the motor and ... [&:]

hehe.

Old 12-11-2006 | 10:56 AM
stewtina
Veteran

even with a good posi unit in back nothing beats a 4wd. If it wasn't for 4wd drive we couldn't get to our house or our cabin in the snow and rain. especially in a dually. Remember 2wd can look goodand go fast just don't put in wet grass and that comes from experience.

Quick Reply: A crisis of my Manhood