Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Stacks ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 10:19 PM
aka_chewy
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stacks ???

Triton-

I don't think you will regret it. Like I said in my earlier post, I don't think the noise will be as bad as you think in the cab. I liken it to that of Harley exhaust. What's louder, when your in front of the bike or when your in back? Obviously it's a little quiter from the front cause all the exhaust is being pushed behind you. IMO, it's the same concept for the stacks. With the stacks pointing back, your noise is going to be behind you. My dad's stack's were not that much louder than the regular exhaust. I have driven the truck both ways and the only time I really noticed they were there is when I put it to the rugs....and his was a regular cab, so the stacks were within 3ft of my head.So, to make a simple point long,you will notice the stacks when you really get on it, the rest of the time, I doubt you willhardly notice they are there.

my .02 on thedeal....just do it so therest of us can hear the results

Old 12-19-2006, 12:07 AM
dixiedodge7369
Professional

im also considering stacks on my truck...ok not consideratng im getting them just cant deside on the miter cut or the swept back ones or how highto make them.. I think these trucks are big and bad just like semi tractor trailers and the addition of stacks just makes themlook meaner then they already are... it was kinda funny i dropped my girl off with a freind of hers and she got into her car and i pulled away quickly like usual and she called me 5 minutes later and was like so when youpulled off so and so ( her friend) was like WOW it looks like that truck is gonna eat someone.. damn sexy aint it? sure is.. hahahah i love it! but a nice lift fat tires and some big ole stacks blown clouds of black smoke will make it all the more meaner!
but does anyone know where t find a bunch of pics of 06's with a variety of stacks so i can compair???

Old 12-19-2006, 12:49 AM
social smoker

stacks dont match the look of your truck

Old 12-20-2006, 03:15 PM
cookie_monstr
Professional

ORIGINAL: triton

ORIGINAL: cookie_monstr

TRITON------do u live in houston,tx cuz i saw a truck jus like urs yesturday. jus wondering

Nope...it wasn't me. I'm in NC. Doesn't every one in Texas have a truck like mine [sm=usa.gif]
yeah..but they have either ***** at the end or a something texas somewhere on their truck.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can buy mufflers that slide on the inside of the stacks if it is too loud.

Quick Reply: Stacks ???