Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Stacks ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 10:34 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stacks ???

can anyone with stacks installed tell me how much the exhaust noise
is increased because of them being so close to the rear windows?
Or, is it?

Also, I know of a few bed exhaust covers for the stacks but, I'd like to see others...
anyone know a something nice ?

Thanks

Old 12-15-2006, 10:38 PM
sharx ram
Champion
Default RE: Stacks ???

If you ask me...your truck is too classy looking for stacks, they wouldnt fit the look your going for...I wanted stacks but went in another direction so I dont think they'ed look good on mine now. Just my opinion, I love stacks...but oh well...

Old 12-15-2006, 10:50 PM
triton
Record Breaker

I don't know Sharxman! I'm thinking they would look sweet on mine and yours! I do hear what you're saying though.....
they may not look right on a lifted truck.

Sound in the cab is going to a big determining factor. I would also definitely want to sit some in the bed
to see what they looked like before i bought.

I guess you know how it is..... those wheels just keep turning about customizing. I can't wait for the HP's to
be increased !!![sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 12-15-2006, 11:02 PM
cumminalong

I'm with sharx brother.......I don't know if the stacks would look right on your truck.

I have this whole proportion thing. No one thing can be more standout that another or else it takes away from the whole scheme. I just think the stacks would take away from what is a gorgeous truck. Me, personnally, I'd go for a just nice exhaust, decent size sewer pipe out the back, maybe a set of duals.

Not trying to discourage, but like sharx said, that truck is too classy looking to throw on stacks.

JMHO....

Old 12-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Ben D.
Champion

They might have a point but possibly ones that don't go out much higher than the cab itself ive seen some of those they might look ok ones that go to top of cab and have a curve going back or to the sides. that might just have a good look. Just wondering but with stacks and the rain. do they make covers for the stacks so the water from rain doesnt go down and rust the exhaust or at the bottom is there like a drain plug. i'm sure this isn't an issue but it jsut occured to me.

Old 12-15-2006, 11:13 PM
triton
Record Breaker

I'm with sharx brother.......I don't know if the stacks would look right on your truck.

I have this whole proportion thing. No one thing can be more standout that another or else it takes away from the whole scheme. I just think the stacks would take away from what is a gorgeous truck. Me, personnally, I'd go for a just nice exhaust, decent size sewer pipe out the back, maybe a set of duals.

Not trying to discourage, but like sharx said, that truck is too classy looking to throw on stacks.

JMHO....

dang... you too. Well, maybe you guys have something. I agree about proportioning and have always made it
a point to not over do it.

look at this pic though...... can't you just imagine a couple of sweet chrome stacks protruding
from the bed.....

thank you both for your honesty and if I hear it too many more times... I may be completely deterred.
That's not that bad of a thing since performance mods cost a fortune ;-)

Old 12-15-2006, 11:18 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

They might have a point but possibly ones that don't go out much higher than the cab itself ive seen some of those they might look ok ones that go to top of cab and have a curve going back or to the sides. that might just have a good look. Just wondering but with stacks and the rain. do they make covers for the stacks so the water from rain doesnt go down and rust the exhaust or at the bottom is there like a drain plug. i'm sure this isn't an issue but it jsut occured to me.
I think the rain thing is preference. From what I've rad around the forums about it....some worry about it and some don't. Some have rain flaps and some use a drain hole.

It's probably wise to covers them ( tin can ) when parked but, will you're movin' down the road it's all going the other way ;-)

Old 12-15-2006, 11:34 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

I think the only way stacks would look good on your truck would be if you did a long bed conversion first. Then some nice 5"-6" highly polished chrome stacks would look sweet.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:32 AM
Ben D.
Champion

ORIGINAL: triton

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

I think the rain thing is preference. From what I've rad around the forums about it....some worry about it and some don't. Some have rain flaps and some use a drain hole.

It's probably wise to covers them ( tin can ) when parked but, will you're movin' down the road it's all going the other way ;-)
lol tin can is sooo what i was thinking i work on a farm and we use the cans for the tractors stacks. lol. I was just htinking to myself hmm just gotta put a can on em i guess. I stil think with short stax ones that arnt a whole lot higher than the cab and have a curve tothem would look very nice

Old 12-16-2006, 01:32 AM
ARMOUR
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a short bed truck as well with a 6" Superlift... I was thinking about stacks myself. Can some take triton's pics and photo-chop them with stacks so we can see if it would be worth while??

thanks,

Quick Reply: Stacks ???