Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

santas mean

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006 | 01:33 AM
TheWizard
Professional
Default RE: santas mean

i droped out of high school ill have my GED at the end of next month and i joined the Army im on my way

Old 12-30-2006 | 02:26 PM
usafr
|
All Star

Good luck with the army. I know they have programs to help ppl get their ged. What job are you going for? I'm sure they have some pretty good enlistment bonuses going on now. Just make sure to read ur contract and that you understand everything on it. Don't assume that you will get something,, if it's not on there,, ur not going to get it.

Old 12-30-2006 | 02:39 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: TheWizard

i droped out of high school ill have my GED at the end of next month and i joined the Army im on my way
<-----You'll see that little badge quite a bit pretty soon then.

PM me if you want the real scoop on things, I used to be a Drill Sergeant. Been in almost 14 years now. Of all the branches, the Army does have the most strait forward contracts. You sign up for a job, that's the job you have. If it's not on the papers, you ain't getting it.

I can't even count the numebr of times I've had to explain to new Soldiers coming in that this is how it really works.

Gimme a holler if you have any questions that the Recruiters ain't giving you a strait story on.

What did you sign up for anyways, job wise?

Old 12-31-2006 | 04:31 AM
TheWizard
Professional

MOS 89-Delta Explosive Ordnance Disposal

sorry to have hijacked the thread everyone.

Old 12-31-2006 | 11:23 AM
cumminalong

PM'd ya!

Old 12-31-2006 | 02:14 PM
usafr
|
All Star

EOD,,, thats a damn good job,, top secret clearance. I've heard the training can be a little rough, but it'll be worth it when you're done. Good Luck. And remember,, basic training is just silly mind games, it's not what the active military is about. My wifes brother is now a Marine,, he finished basic about a month ago,, he's going to be an MP. My wife and I explained the whole contract thing to him before he joined. 13 weeks, he lost like 40lbs,, I lost 15, and I didn't have15 to lose . Whatever you do though,, keep ur head up, and have fun with it.

Quick Reply: santas mean