Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

How many miles on the odometer when you bought it brand new

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Methos
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How many miles on the odometer when you bought it brand new

Yeah Drew, that would be worse wouldn't it. Actually, I know of a guys truck that was damaged by something that was dropped on it getting it off the carrier. [:@]
Just glad it wasn't mine!

Old 01-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Helmut

Did you order the truck? If so how long did they say it would take to come in? Usual build time is 6 weeks. Could be the dealer found exactly what you were looking for and tried to save you some time.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:49 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

Mine had 300 but it came from dallas and i live in houston so it is understandable. Did yall here about the guy that was carrying a custom mercades worth 150,000 for delivery to a guy, and his trailer tipped over landing the car on its side still attached to the trailer. It was supposed to be his christmas present, sucks for him.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:30 AM
ramtradxb
Professional

All my recent trucks have had eighty-some miles on them, because I buy them from a broker who gets them from a dealer that far away. Dealers usually get them delivered on a carrier, but brokers (or dealers trading for them) get them delivered on their own rubber - racking up the miles. I always worried about the gassers being broken in properly by the delivery people, but since there is no break-in with the diesels, I don't worry no more!

Old 01-12-2007, 10:18 AM
ramspeed
Rookie

My truck had 24 miles when I saw it on the lot(had been there a couple of months) put another 30 one it trying it out...was limited in choice,out of 40 trucks on the lot it was the only 2500 that was a 4x2.....o6

Bought a 94 that had 280 miles on it,they used it at lowes motor speedway to demo to all the sales people what that generation was all about....sold it last janurary with 362,513 miles on it.

later tater

Old 01-12-2007, 02:51 PM
HAZZERD1051
Rookie

yeah guys be careful how many miles are on a vehical when u buy it. I used to move/sort cars at a dealership once and a while with some friends. If u have ever watched, something like rally cross it ends up being something like that, if they have anough room to move things around. and trust me even the Salesmen beat the tar out of these cars. at one point one guy had a minivan on 3 wheels ( don't ask how ).

Apparently too this is a comin practice at most stealers because it's their idea of testing a vehical. they figure if it brakes here it should have been fixed to begin with, that and they really don't care it's not their car lol.

Just be careful too. if u know it's a vehical that has been there a long time, ask for a service record while it was at a dealership to show if oil has ever been changed, anything that has been repaird, or problems that has come up on test drives other people have pointed out. if it's a vehical they just got and it has alot of miles it was a transfer not a new order some other place couldn't sell it for some reason so ask why.

Remeber a dealer can sell a car that has not had a title as NEW, however, they can sell a car as "NEW" even if parts have been replaced or fixed on the vehical.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:00 AM
studelizzard

Seven miles on the odometer both before and after they filled it up. I did test drive a different truck but didn't like the color so I mentioned that I would be back a different day when the sales manager mentioned that they had a recent delivery which had not been entered in the computer yet. My truck had just been delivered with no test drives on it. 5800 miles on it and still running strong.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:56 AM
KYSkipper

My Dodge had about 25 miles on it when I left with it. I probably drove 8 or 9 of those in it testing it out.

My Ford that I traded for the Dodge had almost 250 on it when I officially purchased it, but I did pick it up at 28 or so miles. It was a dealer trade and since it was a manual and the Ford place didn't have anyone competent to drive a stick other than their mechanics that they couldn't spare for the day I went to pick it up for them. Bristol, TN to Williamsburg, KY.

Skipper

Quick Reply: How many miles on the odometer when you bought it brand new