Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Time for Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Time for Upgrades

too bad your not in GA. . .I'd take you on a ride in my truck and let you see what the TST can do

Old 01-19-2007, 12:46 PM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Drew

too bad your not in GA. . .I'd take you on a ride in my truck and let you see what the TST can do
I might have to take you up on that. I may drive up to ATL; I wanna swing into Geno's and see what's actually there.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:50 PM
crazykidjj87
Veteran

i paid $225 for the s&b with the plastic engraved an extra filter the cleaning/oiling kit and shipping.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:51 PM
rudy_t2004
Rookie

Sois itreally that Good? Does it offer some type of economy map like I believe the BDTD sys does?

Old 01-19-2007, 01:36 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

if you get the PowerMax with the CR49 programming it does...

http://www.tstproducts.com/index.asp...D=135&HS=1

Old 01-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geno's is alright. . .I got a bit lost when I first walked in but I knew I was in the right place since there were 6 CTD's in the parking lot

it is just a big warehouse, but Channing has hooked me up with some goodies since theres no shipping. It can be a pain to get there since you have to go up 400[:@]

after you ride in my truck you may becalling TST ordering one. . .Steve said it best. . .it feels like your being pushed by a freight train[8D]

Old 01-19-2007, 02:08 PM
cumminalong

Geno's is alright. . .I got a bit lost when I first walked in but I knew I was in the right place since there were 6 CTD's in the parking lot

it is just a big warehouse, but Channing has hooked me up with some goodies since theres no shipping. It can be a pain to get there since you have to go up 400[:@]

after you ride in my truck you may becalling TST ordering one. . .Steve said it best. . .it feels like your being pushed by a freight train[8D]
Uhmm, I think I'll hold off on the TST. I just want a running truck right now.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:20 PM
rudy_t2004
Rookie

ok, you all have given me good advise but im so indecisive about what to get. Can someone please tell me what to get or what I should get from your personal experience. Thanks

Rudy

Old 01-19-2007, 04:31 PM
MrSlug
Veteran

Rudy,

No one can make up your mind for you (unless they are Doctor EVIL!)...

Also be warned. Adding this stuff can:

Void your warrenty
Seriously Damage your transmission
Be additicitive and start sucking the money right out of your wallet

Here is my take on the programers/add on boxes out there.... (for what its worth)

Also be sure you understand the difference between a pressure box and a timing duration box. Some products only do one, and some do both. When you hear people talking of "stacking" they are usually combining a pressure box product and a timing duration box product. A pressure box fools the motor into adding more fuel pressure for more power. A Timing Duration box adjusts how long an injector sprays fuel vs trying to amp up the amount of fuel pressure.

Programmer - > A device that downloads software to your ECM/PCM and replaces the factory software. I think these are a greater risk since if your ECM software gets hosed up, you can be cornholed out of your warrenty. But that is not to say they are not good.

Here are some programmers

Smarty - Probably the best downloader out there from what I have read. I am looking at getting a smary to Stack with my Edge Juice after I upgrade my Tranny with a new TC and VB,

Bully Dog - Big Company. Screwed a few peoplewith dubious software. However, there are still plenty of people who run Bully Dogs and love them. Triple Dog gives you one the fly power programming and a Monitor for gauges.

SuperChips / Hypertech - Nota lot of posts on this products for Diesels thatI can find. They don't seem to be really popular.

Addon Box - An Addon box DOES not download to your ECM. Rather it piggy backs the ECM signal and modifies it.

TST - Pretty much what Drew and the others said/

Edge Juice - This is what I run. I would say its a good combo for a novice like me since it includes gauges

And there are so many more:

Quadzilla, Edge EZ, Preditor, Banks, etc etc etc

I would just take a few hours and search each companies website. Then when you think you found what you want, call up their teech support and ask them how they compare to other brands. If they blow you off, then that is a good indication of the support you will see in the future.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:59 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

Be additicitive and start sucking the money right out of your wallet
an additiction for which there is no cure... [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Quick Reply: Time for Upgrades