Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New Keys Made

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:51 PM
dhoganjr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Keys Made

If your key is black on the '04 it doesn'thave the skim feature. You can use any compatable aftermarket remote start system. To get remote keyless entry from Mopar you would need the rke module (it goes behind the cluster) and the rke transmitters. You could probably get aftermarket remote keyless entry also. I just know the factory set-up, not much about the aftermarket set-ups.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:07 PM
McGillicutty

There is a Mopar remote start kit on Ebay right now for $258. My truck is an SLT so I imagine it's equipped for the remote entry fob. I suppose this system would work on my truck, but do I have to be concerned with the FCC thing when ordering?

Old 01-25-2007, 09:53 PM
sabersix

That kit appears to include only the remote starter FOBs, so it would not help you with remote entry. You can use the remote keyless entry FOBs shown above, but you will have to get the dealer to program them using the DRB III scan tool.

P/N: 04686481AC
FCC: GQ43VT17T

Old 01-25-2007, 10:45 PM
Dharris

Take a look at HTTP:\\www.Streetkeys.com. $25 each and the 06 allows you to do the programming. You have to get it cut from a locksmith but you can do the programming yourself as indicated earlier.

Quick Reply: New Keys Made