Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Pricing Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 11:51 AM
waltmoe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pricing Question

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2007 Ram 3500 single rear wheel, short wheel base Cummins. I contacted Dave Smith Motors located in Kellogg Idaho, http://www.usautosales.com/

Apparentlythis delaer sellsabout 1000 vehicles a month and advertise very good prices. I want to know if this sound like a good deal. Not to get too detailed, I requested a quote for a fully loaded 3500 4WD, short bed Laramie package. They quoted approx $12,000 off sticker. Does this sound like a good deal? Retail was quoted at $49,400MSRP, I was quoted a selling price of $37,400.00

Also, I asked for a dealer installed engine brake and was quoted approx $1500.00 installed. This sounds a little high to me...

Has anyone have past experience when Dodge typically offers 0% financing?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:30 PM
ntc09
Default RE: Pricing Question

That's less than I paid for my 2500 Mega Cab....unloaded.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:03 PM
ljpierce_ely
Veteran

For what it's worth, I've heard of Dave Smith in Kellogg. Good things, not bad. It is actually one of the dealers I was looking at this past summer. I've seen more than a few Dodge's down here in Nevada that have a Dave Smith license plate frame so that should say something.

$1500 installed for the exhaust brake doesn't sound too out of line since buying an aftermarket one from say Summitracing can run you a little over a grand.

As for the 0% financing, I hope your credit is perfect or damn near. If not, kiss that rate goodbye.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:13 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Try this if you haven’t done so yet. Go to http://www.edmunds.com/ and price up your truck. It will show you MSRP and invoice. It should help you in your decision. This is what I did and I am going tonight to order my new ram 1500 with what I want in it. Good luck. Red

Old 01-25-2007, 02:36 PM
HAZZERD1051
Rookie

My '07 was about 38000 so thats a pretty good price i would say.

the Exhaust break sounds about right too from what i've seen 1k - 1.2k seems to be abooutt he going rate for brakes and 2-400 for install, not sure why so much on install but anyways.

as for the 0%, good luck on gettin that i had someone co-sign with me, and they had 832 credit and still coudln't get 0%. i think i ended up with 3 or so, so if u can get it more power too you.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:09 PM
chukar
Rookie

I'm not sure where you're from, but Dave Smith generally offers pretty good deals. However, when a truck with Dave Smith plates or frames goes to the shops around here, they seem to automatically go to the end of the line!

I looked there and had some quotes from there when I went and purchased mine. Turns out I got the local dealer to beat their price and it was less hassle than arranging transportation to Kellog or finding shipping. Only downfall was I gave them my phone number and they kept calling for weeks (Sort of annoying)

I do know some folks on the Oregon Coast that purchased a used Chevy from Smith's. It turned out to be cheaper for them to fly, one way of course, to Pullman and pay for the fuel home than to shop locally or other places they were looking in Oregon. The dealership folks even met them at the airport with the paperwork. Sort of a sight unseen deal, but they knew what they wanted and how much they were willing to give for it also.

Yet another friend of mine bought a Dodge from them. Had a trade, but after hearing what they were willing to give for it, he came out a couple grand ahead by selling it first. I didn't, and he didn't, get the impression they were too keen on trades unless they were immaculate.

That is about all I know of Dave Smith.

Good Luck and shop around.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:10 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

IIRC the new VG turbo on the 6.7L is set up to also be a engine brake. I also heard that the engine barke is now set up to work on all 6.7L C&C units starting this month ( they added a few extra $$ to the sticker price for this ) so I would check to see if it's not already set up in the pickup trucks as I think they all use the same VG turbo. Sounds like a good price on the truck to me.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:33 PM
dhoganjr

The turbo's are different between the 5.9 and 6.7. The 6.7 is electronically controlled through the computer. You can turn on the exhaust brake and it will deactivate when you hit the throttle and accelerate, then re-engage as soon as you let off the throttle. The 5.9's up until the last one built will require an aftermarketexhaust brake.

Quick Reply: Pricing Question