Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Sharx VS Triton for TOTM @....

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007 | 12:30 PM
sharx ram
|
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sharx VS Triton for TOTM @....

Well Triton and I are up agaisnt each other for Truck of the month on another forum we are on...unfortunately there are a few nice Ferd's in with us. It should prove to be interesting, We couldnt wait to go head to head and now we are just going to be happy to win hehehehe
Good luck Triton

Old 01-28-2007 | 01:06 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Default RE: Sharx VS Triton for TOTM @....

thanks Sharx but, that's all just fun and games. I was nominated so I went ahead and accepted. I don't feel we're in competition with each other as our trucks are two different animals. Both are very nice trucks. If you win it... great and the same goes for me. I really think at that forum though.... the Ford's rule the roost.

I look at it as one of my hobbies and have a great time searching for products and building up my truck. If others like what I've done great. If not..... I still like it ;-)

Old 01-28-2007 | 01:24 PM
sharx ram
|
Champion

I'm with you, the Ford's diffinately have the upper hand, your right it is all for fun, its just nice to know that all of your hard work is payong off

They sent me a price on the stacks, about $200 cheaper than every where else I have checked

Old 01-28-2007 | 04:45 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

What is the name of this other forum you speak of? How do you like it? What is it a forum about?

Old 01-28-2007 | 08:35 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: squirtbottle09

What is the name of this other forum you speak of? How do you like it? What is it a forum about?
I'm kinda curious as well. Gotta link ??

Old 01-28-2007 | 08:52 PM
triton
Record Breaker

here it is.....

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/index.php?

Old 01-29-2007 | 01:59 AM
SpLaT
Captain

Salute!

I think you two guys have the best looking trucks I've seen, hard choice.I'd like to fit one of those hoods on mine but with all the mud, sand and snow I drive in, I'd bewasting me money, as I'd have to block off the scoop just to keep engine bay clean. (as of now she gets plenty of dirt.mud in there already!!) Just wondering if you guys ever getyers dirty now and then? (please don't take this the wrong way) I knowmine getsa lot of mud up the underside in hard to reach places (some of those places are pretty dark too!!...scares me) trying to keep mine clean is a full time job especiallyafter spending 2 weeks in the mud! I usually get homewait till next day and throwlawn sprinkler under the truck to wash her down.I do use high pressure washer but never anywhere near the engine or drive train for fear of washing more then the mud off!I once took her in to stealer for service and they charged me extra 2hrs shop rate due to mud!!( I had some trouble getting tranny into "park" due to the mud build up) I also had to pull that insulation under the cab floor out as so much mud had clung to it, it actually pulled away from the cab and was draggin on the front drive shaft!

Anyways, good luck in that other forum I truly believe it should be a tie between you two as we all knowthem fords are only good for making razors!

Old 01-29-2007 | 02:34 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

After reading your post I've concluded that your handle suits you well well SpLaT [sm=smiley36.gif] I have to agree they are both sharp looking trucks. I know that triton's rig has already won Jan TOM over on the DTR forums and I voted for it too I think my truck is and will be very sharp when I get it like I want it but I see others and think to myself, dang, there is always something a little bit nicer. My goal is just to get picked for TOM consideration on any forum. To win would be great but I've still got some work to do before I can get some sharp pics up. Btw, I tried clicking on the link for that other forum and keep getting and error message saying that webpage is too busy or something. I'll keep trying.

Old 01-29-2007 | 03:13 AM
Local Yokel
Professional

Both trucks are hot. This one would come down to the flip of a coin in my book!

Old 01-29-2007 | 04:32 AM
SpLaT
Captain

I'll have to get some pics this spring show ya'll the mud I collect!! Not really mud more like aclay/sand mix almost like cement when it sets up. I usually start with a rubber mallet, then soak, then pressure washer! Stuff is uuuggllieeee!! Not to mention when it is dry the rocks are like razors!! I have to replace tires every spring!!
Gonna go back to Cooper STTs they seem to last the longest. Have tried BFG M/T and Pro comp M/T and Nitto Grapplers,these others get chewed upto the point the tires simply disintegrate. Toodamn quick for the money!! [:@]

Quick Reply: Sharx VS Triton for TOTM @....