Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

STEVE, tell me about the sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007 | 12:52 AM
usafr
|
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STEVE, tell me about the sound

Steve, I had a question about you setup and the sound. I only have a 4040xl in place of the stock muffler and no cat. This thing is starting to be a little loud for me. It makes an awesome sound, but after three monoths of it, it's beginning to be a little much. When I take off I have to be easy on it b/c it's so darn loud. I'm wondering how yours sounds, maybe I'll do something like that, or just go the cheap route and have the shop reinstall the cat. ( mine is so loud that house windows will rattle )

Old 02-04-2007 | 02:05 AM
moconst
Veteran
Default RE: STEVE, tell me about the sound

I was considering do that, but its to loud?

Old 02-04-2007 | 02:19 AM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IfI remember,Steve had a Magnaflow on first. I do not think he ran JUST a Aero with no cat. I think he ran the Mag with no cat then added the Aero in place were the cat was. I may be wroung,

Old 02-04-2007 | 02:29 AM
mopar98
All Star

Steve's runnun a Aero 4040where the cat was and a Magnafllow 30 where the muffler was.
I went back in my old threads and read one .
Hope that help's a little.

Old 02-04-2007 | 01:53 PM
usafr
|
All Star

Yeah, I belive ur right. I think I'm gonna end up reinstalling the cat. Good thing I kept it .

Old 02-04-2007 | 03:07 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

ORIGINAL: htgriffith

IfI remember,Steve had a Magnaflow on first. I do not think he ran JUST a Aero with no cat. I think he ran the Mag with no cat then added the Aero in place were the cat was. I may be wroung,
yup, exactly. with the mag in there by itself, it was loud but tolerable. the wife never complained. seeking more low end I added the aero where the cat used to be and now its quieter and IMO perfect for what I want out of it. I have considered a new exhaust setup that includes a bypass setup that would allow me to open up the exhaust on the fly as much as I wanted. Since i'm now self employed, that may be awhile... [&:]

Quick Reply: STEVE, tell me about the sound