Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Is kore worth it??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Belldar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is kore worth it??

Hey guys i run back washboardy roads every day and my 2006 dodge longbox cummins is all over the road when i hit washboard or other bumps. Do you think the kore $2,500 price tag is worth it? The research i have done on it looks pretty good. If it saves on bushings and other suspension components going out is it a good idea. I would also love to run 35 in toyo MTs on my stock rims under it. I also do a lot of hunting and a good amount of pulling a fifth wheel. I haven't heard anything bad about hauling with the kore chase kit yet anyways. Let me know what you guys think. Please!

Brent
P.S. The rest of the truck rocks though. I am not a fan of Michalins though.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:24 PM
HAZZERD1051
Rookie
Default RE: Is kore worth it??

it is probably by far the best suspension u can put on a dodge unless your going for superhigh clearenece, lift, or rockcrawling, they have great articulation and the suspension just soaks up the road both on and off. I plan on putting the technical series on my mega cab and with that Kore themselves say it can get airborne at anytime which really speaks up for the quality when your talking about a 7800lb truck. Although i don't plan on givin it airtime just the thought makes it seem like it's worth it, and as of yet i've never heard one bad thing from kore.

On a side note it is also noted by kore that the suspension they do does not change the geometry enough in the stock suspension to viod/cause problems with your warrenty. it has the same geometry as the powerwagon that comes stock, Also some dodge dealerships will install it for you.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Buckwheat
Rookie

Check out the Toyo 295's they arent much smaller than the 35's. The 295's have a larger load capasity and will not rub on the inside when the wheel is cranked. Also the dealership can cal the speedo up to 285's for free or a minimum charge if that is a concern.

[IMG]local://upfiles/51890/AA48D665B6CC48FE90CD292BDA76EFFD.gif[/IMG]

Old 02-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Belldar

Wow
Thanks for the great responses guys! That was quick. Only thing that sucks is that i am going to have to add on to my loan again for the suspension. I want to use up the Michalins but want the toyos so damn bad. What exactly is the difference from the 315 to the 295 in hight? The 295 had caught my interest but never really heard any info on the 295. I like the look of the bigger tires with very little or no lift.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Buckwheat
Rookie

The Toyo 295's measure about 32.5"T x 11.90"WThe 35's measure like 33" T by 12.5" W. When I was shoping for tires I had my tape measure with me. None of the tires I looked at actually measure out to what they say they are. My truck also came with the Michalin's the first time I parked on the side of the road in a field I almost got stuck, not a fan of the hiway tread either.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Belldar

I have heard good reviews about the toyo MTs in the snow and ice. I drive alot of snow and ice hear in North Dakota. What is your guys take on them in ice and snow?

Old 02-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Buckwheat
Rookie

I Like how they hookup in the snow. I have not needed to use my chains yet. "Knock on Wood" the State police havent made me put my chains on yet when they are manditory.I'm not to sure of any tire being that great in the ice unless it's studded or chained up. Not to sure about tire prices in ND but the Toyo's are very expensive compared to the rest. I think that they are worth the extra $if you haul heavy loads and want an aggressive tire that will last for a while if rotated regularly. Check them out off the rim and compare them to the others. They are much heavier and are designed for abuse.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:35 PM
dieselram
Captain

I have the chase series and it's worth it in my mind. I can keep up with Jeepers off road, and tow my camper on road. The mini leaf pack that goes in the back softens the rear when its unloaded, but allows the stock springs to work under load. If you have a 3500, you can also remove the overload spring to make it even softer when you're installing the kit (I kept mine in and its still great). I'm running 35inch Toyo ATs right now and will be stepping up to 37's when I need new tires (that requires the DRC fenders).

HAZZERD1051: You will probably rethink the technical setup after talking with them. I was looking at the race series and it was $11,000 and reduced the payload capacity to about 600lbs. they told me the technical series was about the same. They're great kits but only for professionals or the uber-rich with big toys.

Quick Reply: Is kore worth it??