Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Block Heater with Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007 | 09:13 PM
dakotafireguy
|
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Block Heater with Remote Start

Got my remote start installed today. Was wondering if anyone had heard of any problems running the truck with the block heater still plugged in. Be nice to sit inside the warm house in the morning and start the truck without having to go out to unplug it...

Thanks

Old 02-06-2007 | 09:34 PM
joepascoe19
Rookie
Default RE: Block Heater with Remote Start

i have a remote start and i have and one on every car and truck that i have owned and never had a rpoblam with leaving it pluged in just make sure u unplug it b4 u drive off

Old 02-07-2007 | 01:46 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Yeah, no problems at all.

Old 02-07-2007 | 10:19 AM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: dakotafireguy

Got my remote start installed today. Was wondering if anyone had heard of any problems running the truck with the block heater still plugged in. Be nice to sit inside the warm house in the morning and start the truck without having to go out to unplug it...

Thanks
That thing doesn't put out enough heat to even remotely tax your cooling system. Think about it....it can be plugged in for hours......days....and not get it up into the actual normal range. Heck, I usually idle mine up for about 5 - 10 minutes before driving even when it has been plugged in and it still takes a good 8 - 10 miles to get up tofull operatingtemp.

It won't hurt a thing, just make sure you don't drive off and rip the cord out.

Quick Reply: Block Heater with Remote Start