Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

MBRP Cat Back?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 06:53 PM
TowRig
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBRP Cat Back?

I have tried searching since I know this has been asked a lot, but where is the best place to order the MBRP 4" 409 stainless cat back system for my 06 Mega Cab? Thanks in advance for your help!

Also, I have asked a local shop about programmers for towing, and they said to go with Superchips, since it has transmission pressure upgrades/shift points and what not... any help here would be very much appreciated... again, its a 06 5.9 Auto 3.73 4WD Mega Cab.... THANKS!

-Dave

Old 03-23-2007, 11:21 PM
cumminalong
Default RE: MBRP Cat Back?

MBRP has a muffler replacement that has the s-pipe to connect to your stock system. You don't even need the whole cat back setup.

Here is the part you might want to look at:

Here is the link, just put in your info, exhaust components, scroll down and you'll see it:

http://www.mbrp.com/main.php?products

Old 03-23-2007, 11:59 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

What Cumminalong said. I did that instead of a cat back sytem. IIRC it was less than $200 to get it. I bought mine at Ken's Performance he included shipping. Cheap easy and it is 409 stainless no drone in the cab, and doesn't **** the neighbors off. P/N in my sig.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:50 PM
donnie
Professional

Whats the site for Ken's?
Thanks.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:10 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

I sent you a PM.

Old 05-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Bigriver

Hey Cumminalong,
Check out my post on the 1st or 2nd page titled " my truck has a Hemmaroid"
I'm dealing with this problem regarding this muffler. What do you think?

later............

Old 05-11-2007, 10:32 AM
triton
Record Breaker

FYI.... and maybe you know but, the 409 isn't a full stainless exhaust. It will rust. 409 is part iron. What you want if you really want the SS is their T-304 SS pipe. It wouldn't be for the prices mentioned but, well worth it in the long run. 304 won't rust.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:19 PM
donnie
Professional

I just got the MBRP on mine and got a question.
Which way are the bumps supposed to be facing?
Towards the rear so the exasut goes over them or towards the front so the gasses go into them?
Thanks.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:06 AM
sonny t

What does the MBRP sound like?? Nickbeek said no drone in cab which I like, but also said wont **** off neighbors. Does it make the exhaust any louder at all?? Or does it just replace the stocker and open the exhaust up a bit more???

Old 05-13-2007, 01:19 AM
triton
Record Breaker

donnie : I can't answer your question exactly but, IIRC, there directional info on the muffler. If you got a muffler that has the support mounts on it, it's pretty straight forward about how it goes on. Just like the picture above.... suppost bends to the front, the open end in that picture to the rear.

sonny t : I can only speak for the T304 MBRP. I've always used stainless steel exhaust and the sound is just about the same with all. A very tuned performance sound to it. I'm sure the T409 will sound a bit different. There is drone in the cab but, only at very low RPM's in 4th gear, it's not too bad but is there. It does replace the stock exhaust in the same place but, it's flow is probably 100% better than a stock muffler.

I do have a straight pipe though ( no cat, resinator ) just the MBRP muffler. At WOT.... it's LOUD ! Not necessarily in the cab but, outside the cab if you go by a car ( on the outlet side ) I bet it's pretty deafening from what I can hear in the cab. I would imagine it depends on mods you have done too. That can add to what the exhaust is putting out.

Quick Reply: MBRP Cat Back?