Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 08:50 AM
blackbullet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat covers

Does anyone know where you can get some good quality seat covers for the SRT-10? The sides are thick and the covers I have bought don't fit.

Old 04-13-2005, 12:45 PM
big asp
Veteran
Default RE: seat covers

Why do you want to cover up those beautiful leather seats? Also, the suede inserts are a performance feature. Covering them up will nullify their butt holding ability on those twisty mountain roads.

Old 04-13-2005, 11:11 PM
silverback

Big Asp.

I wondered the same thing this morning when I read this. Why??

Remember those plastic seat covers the dealers sold in the 60's. You would sweat like a stuck pig sitting on those thing. My folks had a neighbor that had those on his cars. Being a dumb kid I asked why. He said so the interior would be nice when he got rid of it. Dumb response was, Oh I see, that way the second owner get to enjoy the new car. He never had them installed again.

Old 04-14-2005, 04:59 AM
blackbullet

I live in Florida humidity capital of the world and will be working outdoors coaching football and sweating. I don't want to get the suede all gross. Otherwise, I agree with you. Any ideas? I guess putting a towel down would make more sense on those occasions where I need it. I do love the seats and plastic was never in my mind.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:40 AM
silverback

ORIGINAL: blackbullet

I live in Florida humidity capital of the world and will be working outdoors coaching football and sweating. I don't want to get the suede all gross. Otherwise, I agree with you. Any ideas? I guess putting a towel down would make more sense on those occasions where I need it. I do love the seats and plastic was never in my mind.

Sorry, I did not mean to say you should get plastic covers. Hell I don't even think they are made any longer. It was just an old fart moment.

Now that I have heard why you are doing this I would go buy a big beach towel and use it. That way you only use it when it's needed and you can wash it. Even with seat covers the sweat would soak through to the seats.

Good luck with the team.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:00 AM
big asp
Veteran

ORIGINAL: silverback
Remember those plastic seat covers the dealers sold in the 60's. You would sweat like a stuck pig sitting on those thing. My folks had a neighbor that had those on his cars. Being a dumb kid I asked why. He said so the interior would be nice when he got rid of it. Dumb response was, Oh I see, that way the second owner get to enjoy the new car. He never had them installed again.
As a kid, did you ever fall asleep on those plastic seat covers and wake up with the pattern embossed all over your face?

Old 04-14-2005, 11:09 AM
big asp
Veteran

How about some sort of terry cloth cover with elastic edges that you can put on in two seconds. It can even have a plastic liner to keep the moisture off the seats. Should be fairly easy to have someone sew it up for you.

I guess you won't be tearing up any mountain roads in Florida but there sure are some great highways through all those forests and along those beaches.

What do your players think of their coach's ride?

Old 04-14-2005, 11:59 PM
silverback

ORIGINAL: big asp

[As a kid, did you ever fall asleep on those plastic seat covers and wake up with the pattern embossed all over your face?
Maybe that's why I'm so damn ugly![]

Old 04-16-2005, 06:37 AM
blackbullet

My SRT-10 was the talk of the school when it arrived in the parking lot. The kids think it's awesome, which it is, and keep asking me to let them drive my truck. Nothing but positive feedback from everyone. I bought it because it's something special, and it has garnered the attention of something special. My students have even showed me some representation of the truck in a video game. Of course, a few have showed me what it looks like with 26" rims, but I'm sure that would compromise the performance. Some teachers, very few, think it's the devastation of the planet because it's a fuel hog, but they can kiss my gas. This is my sole vice, liking performance vehicles, and I'm happy to have my SRT-10. The more I drive it, the more I appreciate it.

Old 04-16-2005, 12:55 PM
big asp
Veteran

Some teachers, very few, think it's the devastation of the planet because it's a fuel hog, but they can kiss my gas. This is my sole vice, liking performance vehicles, and I'm happy to have my SRT-10. The more I drive it, the more I appreciate it.
Check out srt10forum.com if you haven't already. It's a great site with a lot of friendly, knowledgable SRT-10 owners. Most of the SRT-10 owners on this forum are also members there.

Some of the guys at the other forum have made up stickers proudly informing others that our trucks were rated the most ineffecient gas guzzler by one of those Green Peace groups. I'm more conservation minded than most but I have no problem, whatsoever, burning up dead dinosaurs.

One thing that surprised me since I got my truck was the positive attention I get from all age groups. I rebuild older cars and was used to young people drooling all over my son's 13 second Subaru and not even noticing my 11 second Plymouth. The SRT-10 gets props from everyone. That's cool that the students like your truck so much.

Quick Reply: seat covers