Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

Off topic...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 07:58 PM
bigddy9
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Off topic...

Me thinks you are probably right, and I apologize. I guess if you're not from this area, I can see how you could question it. If I see it there again (the Pacifica was there on and off for several months) I'll make sure to get pics of it. I realy wonder if the guy is a PVO engineer though....it'd be nice to have that kind of a tech resource right around the corner.

Danny

Old 03-31-2004, 09:09 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

No kidding!!! Like the CIA having a spy close to Osama Bin Laden! If he IS a PVO man, ply him with women and wine to make him talk!!!![sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 04-01-2004, 06:35 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I said that it is possible that what you saw is 100% accurate, but I did also say that it is not likely that a PVO vehicle would be running around outside of their facilitys. Something like an SRT-10 Quad Cab I would think would be all over in the magazines with spy shots, like Motor Trend. If he is driving a lot of pilot and prototype vehicles that vary from a Pacifica to an SRT-10 Quad Cab, he's probably one of the higher ups at DCX itself and not PVO. I say this because of the Pacifica, not exactly PVO material, but if it were a Crossfire then I'd say definately PVO since they're coming out with an SRT-6 version. I'm sorry if you thought I was calling you a liar, I said that what you saw was possible, however I felt that it was improbable and more likely a misidentification due to someone having made a "clone" of an SRT-10. I have no reason to doubt you and would never call someone I don't know a liar. If he bring a car home that looks like it may be the new Charger, you better get us some pictures of it to drool over.[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley17.gif]

Old 04-02-2004, 10:30 AM
glhs837

RR,

Unlike Andy, I'm with big on this one. We have had the PVO guys mention repeatedly about running the streets with Stage kitted SRT-4s before release. One that caught my attention in particular was when asked about Stage 3, one PVO or Mopar guy mentioned the (indicating to me that at this point there is only one) Stage 3 protoype car was running around Detroit, terrorizing LS1s[ the PT cruiser guys have had reports of a Stage 2 PT running around Detroit.

If you remember the Stage 2 sighting fiasco, the first thing the source asked was where did the sighting take place. Another indication that protos do indeed run the streets.

Old 04-02-2004, 10:32 AM
glhs837

I just noticed your point about spy shots. Maybe it's been confused with those damn "Rumble Bee" things? Or this was it's first foray, and the publishing lag has not caught up yet. OR, just maybe, the mags thinks it's a clone Okay, even I don't buy that last one

Old 04-03-2004, 07:03 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

As I said, I don't doubt the possibility of it, I'm just shocked that they would have such a high profile peice running around for some dumbass to run into and destroy a 1 of 1 vehicle. I've known of Chrysler to do odder things, like giving out the turbine cars way back when, when there were only a few made.[sm=smiley5.gif]

What is an M plate anyway? Is that a manufacturers liscense plate, like the PVO SRT-4's run around with. I have seen theirs at a sport compact show in Norwalk and again I believe at National Trails during the Mopar Nationals. A few of them were yellow and I think there was a black one and a red one. One or two of the yellow ones had Stage 1 on it. The stock SRT-4's ran 13.7-13.9 and the Stage 1's ran 13.0-13.2 at Norwalk. There was another stock SRT-4 running 14.2, but I don't think it was one of the PVO cars.

Old 04-04-2004, 12:38 AM
glhs837

http://srt-nationals.com/natspics/im...26_IMG_JPG.jpg

The three -4s in the center belong to PVO, I believe. This is from Rezin8s website, he would know better which are which. I know the white one is one of two cars PVO (actually SRT now) is runnning in SCCA T2 competition. Note the SRT-10 in the back Ram way in the back This is where some lucky folks like Rezin got rides in the S2 car. I know this is NOT the truck under discussion, just to illustrae the point of PVO taking htese cars around. NOT selling them to random folks though

http://srt-nationals.com/natspics/im...26_IMG_JPG.jpg

Old 04-04-2004, 01:55 AM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Wow, this sounds like a CIA plot of some sorts... [&:]

Old 04-04-2004, 07:32 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Thanks for the picture.[sm=smiley20.gif]I can't say that I ever got to see the white one in person.[sm=smiley19.gif]I can see them bringing the special stuff out to the events and shows, but just to tool around town in seems very unwise. I can see with a Stage 2 equipped car, but the completely different models like the Ram in question is risky. It would be like someone taking the '99 Charger R/T concept car home, I just don't see why. Someone at DCX may have actually done that before as well, but it still seems stupid. The Airforce built only 2 XB-70 Valkyries, while flying one of them one of the chase planes collided with it sending them both into the desert floor. The other is currently on display at the Airforce museum in Dayton, OH. They're stupid for risking it.

Old 04-04-2004, 04:38 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

You know WHY the XB-70 was even flying that day??? It wasn't for combat training or even testing the airplane....it was for a "photo session" of all reasons! Really, really dumb!![:@]

Quick Reply: Off topic...