Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

Off topic...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 03:08 AM
bigddy9
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off topic...

My wife and I just got back from seeing Dawn of the Dead (not bad) and as we were turning onto our street I see a quad cab SRT-10 Ram. It's got M plates on it. He must be an engineer for DCX. I want to go over there and take a couple of pics of it, but I don't want the guy calling the cops on me. It's Silver and it looks kick mf'in ***!!! I wonder if he's one of the PVO guys? If I see him outside of his house I'll stop and ask him about it. I'm telling you guys, that thing is sweet!!!! Anyone else seen one of these yet?

Danny

Old 03-28-2004, 03:47 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Off topic...

I'm quite sure that the SRT-10 Rams are ONLY available with 2 doors and 2 seats. I have seen some Rams trying to look like the SRT-10's, but they aren't.

I have also seen Dawn Of The Dead, opening night and then on Sunday, and I loved it.[sm=smiley20.gif] I have ALWAYS loved the trilogy, Night Of The Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead and Day Of The Dead. [sm=smiley27.gif][sm=smiley17.gif]Most people are under the impression the the Return Of The Living Dead series are the sequels to Night, but they aren't. I wasn't into the fast zombies thing, but it worked OK. I would have prefered the slow and stupid zombies that the originals had. I recommend that everyone sees it.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 03-28-2004, 05:13 AM
bigddy9
Record Breaker

Seriously, this thing is an SRT-10 Quad Cab. It's got an M plate on it. The guy used to have a Pacifica in the driveway before they came out. It was flat balck with some of the camo **** that the engineers use. Now your gonna make me go get arrested taking a pic of the thing. I actually did a slow roll drive by to make sure I saw what I saw.

Old 03-28-2004, 05:34 AM
bigddy9
Record Breaker

I wasn't into the fast zombies thing, but it worked OK. I would have prefered the slow and stupid zombies that the originals had. I recommend that everyone sees it.
I agree 100%!!!

Danny

Old 03-28-2004, 05:36 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Don't forget though, I can take a dead stock Neon and make it a perfect SRT-4 clone. Cloning has been done for decades and will always be done. You can get all the parts necessary to change a stocker into an SRT-10 from Dodge. I will check out their website to make certain though.

Old 03-28-2004, 05:46 AM
bigddy9
Record Breaker

I agree, but you can't clone an M plate. Those are numbered and strictly tracked. I used to work for a compay called MascoTech Special Vehicles. We did all the show and press cars for Buick, Cadillac and Chrysler ( I worked in Buick, but in the same building with Chrysler). We were given one M plate and we had to account for it at all times. I don't know if you are familiar with what an M plate is. It has 2 digits, an M and 3 digits. The M is for Manufacturer.

Old 03-28-2004, 11:24 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend

There are only 5 options on an SRT-10 Ram, color, side air bags, GPS, UConnect Hands-Free Communication and under rail box bedliner. It is not available in any other form, it is only available in a 2-door 1500 series with a short bed. I'm not ruling out the possibility of it being a one-of-kind concept type version, but if it is I would think that it would remain in their test facilitys and not being used as a daily driver. I suggest you talk to the person with it and find out what the deal is.

Old 03-29-2004, 05:28 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Get the pics!!![sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley4.gif][sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 03-31-2004, 02:53 PM
bigddy9
Record Breaker

Too late, he doesn't have it in his driveway anymore. There is a Ram 3500 there now. Besides, why is my word not good enough? I understand that alot of people come on these boards and talk alot of s*^t, but that doesn't mean all of us do. I never said it was a honest to goodness production vehicle, I said it had an M plate on it. Anyone who lives in the metro Detroit area can tell you that we see alot of pilot vehicles driving on the street everyday. I can tell you that I drove a 1996 supercharged Buick Regal. They didn't come out until 97, and that was a completely new body style. I can tell you that I drove 2 Viper GTS pilot vehicles up and down I-75, but I don't have any pics so I must be a BS'er. Maybe I'll get a notary public to certify my previous emplyment so as not to raise anymore BS flags. I really like this forum, but I don't like being called a liar, and that is essentially what has happened, albeit politely.

Danny

Old 03-31-2004, 07:31 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Me thinks ye read too much between the lines, my friend. Besides, I download most of the pictures that are posted here, have them printed up by Snapfish.com, and send them to my son in prison...he's a Mopar Man as well.[sm=smiley16.gif]

Quick Reply: Off topic...