Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

when should i take her out of storage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 10:11 PM
PlatinumRoad
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when should i take her out of storage?

So i've been getting mighty antsy the past couple weeks. My SRT10 has been up in a garage since the weekend before Thanksgiving Day and we are going onto March 1. As a few of my posts have stated, weather in Southeast Michigan has been far from normal. Snow in October, then 50s till the 2nd week of January. Well i have a real nice truck cover i bought from summit that i can use if the weather gets bad again, but i was just wondering if anyone has one out this way that keeps it in storage and when do you take it back out? I was thinking second to last weekend in March, but i have a family member who advises against it that soon. Any suggestions?

thanks as always

Old 03-01-2007, 12:46 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: when should i take her out of storage?

Mine is coming home end of March. But I am then going to put stripes on it. I really do not plan on driving it to much until the end of April.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:50 PM
PlatinumRoad
Rookie

arggggg....my brother was saying the same thing. i've been trying to use the exscuse "well my lease is up on my Dakota May 5th, so i need to get the ViperTruck out early just incase there's any problems, lol.
Also, any recommendations/suggestions on what i should do to get her ready for spring? I got my first oil change at 1,000 miles and shes around 2-3k now, i put fuel stablizer in it the day i put it up in storage. Any maintance or anything i should do when she comes out? Sorry if i sound like a rookie here, but i did trade in a ford focus for my truck, so needless to say...i'm not used to thelux/fast side of cars, lol
Thanks again for all the advice and stories, this forum is great!

Old 03-01-2007, 02:24 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It is new with next to no miles, should not need to do much. I always change my oil in the winter, using synthetic. I never put enough miles on it to change it so it become a yearly thing. The oil I drained in the Viper this winter had 345 miles, which works out to be about 17 cents a mile LOL. May also want to run some injector cleaner through it.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:45 PM
DCXgageman
Veteran

Well, my pt is stored in my garage and the day before the first 60 degree sunny day, at least predicted, the insurance company gets a call from me to change the fire/theft/glass ins. to full coverage again. So, for me, it varies. I must admit it's a pretty boring car unless the top is down, lol, that's partly why it's parked all winter.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:25 PM
QUICK_SILVER
Veteran

ORIGINAL: PlatinumRoad

So i've been getting mighty antsy the past couple weeks. My SRT10 has been up in a garage since the weekend before Thanksgiving Day and we are going onto March 1. As a few of my posts have stated, weather in Southeast Michigan has been far from normal. Snow in October, then 50s till the 2nd week of January. Well i have a real nice truck cover i bought from summit that i can use if the weather gets bad again, but i was just wondering if anyone has one out this way that keeps it in storage and when do you take it back out? I was thinking second to last weekend in March, but i have a family member who advises against it that soon. Any suggestions?

thanks as always
Your Truck has snow/rated tires on her....

Quick

Old 03-01-2007, 10:32 PM
PlatinumRoad
Rookie

quick, is that a question or a statement?lol, yes, i am a rook. She's on stock tires, and to be honest with you, i wouldnt want to mess with a dusting of snow in that thing. Going sideways when planned is a blast, going sideways in a light sprinkle on a main road when not expecting it....not completely a blast, lol. I just want to make sure i keep her clean and runnin like a champ.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:49 AM
QUICK_SILVER
Veteran

Ah, I just f'ing with you a little... mine hasnever even seen the water hose! I know just how you feel about keeping her clean.
California has some good weather most of the time so I don't have your problem...lol
I don't know if I could handle not being able to drive her for that long...
Never Leave Home Without Her!

Quick

Quick Reply: when should i take her out of storage?