Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

81 van-no start in humidity

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 03:45 PM
81vanman
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again landyacht318-on the rear bulb, I'm glad to hear that they can be changed from the outside. I tried a few months ago, but didn't know for sure so I didn't pry until I talked to someone such as yourself who knows for sure. And I don't see many older vans around or have the chance to talk to anybody that has any do-it-yourself brains. I did have a suspicion that maybe the lens could be stuck, and the removing of the lens first seems extremely logical, so when the need arises I will approach this using your suggestion of using a spray lube such as WD-40. I thought about the contaminated fuel a year ago when it really wet, and I was driving it daily with fresh gas but was having problems like getting it started and then having it die and not wanting to restart a few blocks away. It finally came out of it. This van does have a black tank and I think it's plastic. Anyhow, I'm assuming anything is possible and I'm not surprised now.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:04 PM
81vanman
Amateur

deleted

Last edited by 81vanman; 05-01-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:31 PM
81vanman
Amateur
Thumbs down

Well I finally engaged my brain after looking at all the wiring harnesses and the battery support that have been getting watered down (keeping in mind what you said landyact318 about all the rust) So I found some foam tape weatherstrip material w/adhesive backing at Walmart for closeout price of $3.00 for 10ft. This is 3/4wx3/8tx10ft. I applied it to the firewall so as to be right under the hood & fill in the open area, when hood is closed, also down each side area-leaving a gap for the vertical leg to come down as the hood is closed. I noticed a gap in the battery side to allow the water to come right down on the battery tray. (how very necessary & brilliant). So, if the adhesive backing does a good job, this might help. You don't want to know what I've got to say about why this wasn't done at the factory.

Quick Reply: 81 van-no start in humidity