Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Got problems after changing my brakes.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 10:48 PM
lorrac2080
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a great plan for my life. I managed this auto shop after I got out of the air force. I was cop in the air force and had to wait until I could join the local sheriff's department so I managed the auto shop. But what I did not plan for was being shot and not being able to complete my full time as a law enforcement officer and collect a full retirement. Do you alway make fun of everyone and talk down to them. I thought thes forun was a place for people to get help. Please let me know what state your shop is in so I will not go to that state for any auto work. I will pray that you don't get hurt and are unable to complete the life you planned. I wouldn't want anyone to make fun of you.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:53 PM
22dodge
Banned

everyone has an excuse. yours is pretty extreme.

I'm dying of cancer. I'm hostile and bitter toward everyone that demands a handout. So my goal before I die is to call a spade-a-spade. I could care less about peoples feelings. If one wants to act an idiot, I'll gladly let them know that they are.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:02 PM
lorrac2080

Your hostile toward everyone then why are you on a forum that is set up for people asking for help. I can not work anymore but I am not mad at the life God gave me. I have been helpful to others in so many ways that has made my life fulfilling. I am not going to stay here and argue with you. You have so much hate that I can feel it through the computer. You can not have a normal conversation with someone with so much hate. I am trully sorry about the cancer. You dont have to wrooy about looking at the windshield forum. I did not reply to your last hate message. I got the answer that I was looking for anyway.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:16 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 79 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by lorrac2080
Your hostile toward everyone then why are you on a forum that is set up for people asking for help.
Don't waste your time explaining anything to him. Niceties, politeness and common decency are beyond his realm of comprehension. He's just one of those kids that everyone kicked the crap out of for being a jerk. Now that he can hide behind his keyboard and not look people in the eye, an imaginary set of brass ones seems to bring comfort into his otherwise paltry existence.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:19 PM
lorrac2080

Thanks for the advise. I figured it out but it took me awhile. Just old I guess.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:26 PM
alloro
Dodge Forum Moderator

I have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 van. I just changed my front brake pads and calipers. I bled the front and rear brakes but now the pedal goes all the way to the floorboard and the "BRAKE" and "ABS" lights stay on. Did I miss a step? Need help Bad.
Your brake system is still air bound. Sometimes it helps to crack loose the fittings (one at a time) down on the RWAL or proportioning valves, as these are two places that air bubble frequently get stuck at. For each fitting you crack loose, bleed it just like you're bleeding a wheel cylinder or caliper.

Just a bleeding tip for you...it's always better to open the bleeder, press the brake pedal, close the bleeder, then let the pedal up. Doing it this way instead of applying pressure to the pedal before opening the bleeder prevents large air bubble from breaking down into smaller air bubbles. Small air bubbles are much harder to get out of a brake system. With small air bubbles in the system, you can let it sit overnight and they'll bond with other small air bubbles to make larger ones. That being said, you can be doing yourself a favor by walking away from it for a while and getting back to it later.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:31 PM
lorrac2080

should I worry that the passenger side does not seem to be bleeding as much brake fluid as the driver side. When I bled the driver side it would really come out but the passenger side would just seem to drain out.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:36 PM
alloro
Dodge Forum Moderator

should I worry that the passenger side does not seem to be bleeding as much brake fluid as the driver side. When I bled the driver side it would really come out but the passenger side would just seem to drain out.
Both sides should act the same. It's possible you have a restriction in the brake line, brake hose, or the bleeder screw itself. This restriction could also be preventing the air from being forced out of the system running to the wheel.

Did you change the brake hoses when you changed the calipers?

Old 09-30-2009, 11:56 PM
lorrac2080

No we did not change the hoses. Like I have said in the past I have done some minor work on brakes. Mostly pads and Calipers. RWAL or proportioning valves are not something I am famlliar with. Where are they?

Old 10-01-2009, 12:05 AM
alloro
Dodge Forum Moderator

Where are they?
They're behind and under the driver's side headlight. Removing the washer fluid and coolant overflow reservoirs opens up that area quite nice. Also, remove the panel under the headlight that wraps around the front corner of the van.

But before you get into all of that, I would first go back and check out those brake hoses. It is not uncommon for the interior diameter of the hoses to close up, or for a piece of the rubber to come loose inside and act like a one-way valve inside the hose.

Quick Reply: Got problems after changing my brakes.