Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Where can I get the rear door 'stay' bars?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 06:58 AM
benwillcox
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get the rear door 'stay' bars?

Hey all,

Not too sure exactly what these are called, but I need to get hold of some 'stay' for the rear doors of my 2500 van, the bit that holds the door open. They should look like these on my side doors:

but my van only has these straps on the rear doors:

which are rubbish as the doors don't stay open, and the rear mounted spare wheel comes a little close to the bodywork for comfort as the straps stretch slightly.
Does anyone know where I could obtain these, or even what they're really called?!

Thanks,
Ben

Old 02-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either a Dodge dealership or a salvage yard. On the ones that are there but not working you might try changing the socket that the glide goes into. The socket has two steel ball with springs that pinch the glide. Sounds like the springs are weak or the steel ***** may have a flat spot.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:39 PM
benwillcox
Amateur

Originally Posted by Mobile Auto Repair
Either a Dodge dealership or a salvage yard. On the ones that are there but not working you might try changing the socket that the glide goes into. The socket has two steel ball with springs that pinch the glide. Sounds like the springs are weak or the steel ***** may have a flat spot.
Thanks for the info, perhaps I didn't word my post very well, but the glides that are there on my side doors work fine, it's just the straps on the rears that aren't very good!
My problem is that I'm in the UK, so salvage yard is a no go (these vans are extremely rare here) and there are no Dodge dealerships!
I was kind of hoping there may be an online parts suppliers that would have these, but I don't know what they are actually called and I'm struggling to find anything online.

Thanks,
Ben

Old 02-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might try www.car-part.com It is a salvage yard website that you can put in the search information and then find out whom may have what you are looking for. Once you find a listing that has the part then you can call them and ask how much to have it shipped to you. I have never had to send anything internationally but I would not be surprised that some would if the part is prepaid.

If nothing else send me a PM and on my next trip to my favorite salvage yard about 25 miles north of me and see if they still have a few. I had seen several of the what I call the "flat bar" type sliders on about 3 or 4 vans there.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:39 AM
benwillcox
Amateur

Originally Posted by Mobile Auto Repair
If nothing else send me a PM and on my next trip to my favorite salvage yard about 25 miles north of me and see if they still have a few. I had seen several of the what I call the "flat bar" type sliders on about 3 or 4 vans there.
Thanks for the kind offer, I've now managed to locate a pair of these and they are now on their way to me from the US, so I should be sorted soon!

Regards,
Ben

Old 02-28-2010, 05:51 PM
bjl8691

since your in the uk how do you obtain brake pads oil filters shocks and stuff like that?

Old 03-01-2010, 07:47 AM
benwillcox
Amateur

Originally Posted by bjl8691
since your in the uk how do you obtain brake pads oil filters shocks and stuff like that?
I use RockAuto for all that stuff, they are UK VAT registered so tax is added at point of checkout on the website, so there are no delays or extra charges due to customs etc which oftens happens when shipping stuff from the US. Usually only takes 3 days from ordering to delivery, which is pretty impressive.

Ben

Old 03-01-2010, 09:44 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by benwillcox
Usually only takes 3 days from ordering to delivery, which is pretty impressive.
For international shipping, I'd say so. That is overly impressive.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:17 AM
wilbo
Rookie

For those of us in the UK, these guys are very knowledgeable and have provided parts for my B250 1993.

http://www.americanautoparts.co.uk/home.htm

Worth just getting a quote from them and comparing to direct US shipping.

Wilbo

Quick Reply: Where can I get the rear door 'stay' bars?