Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

ABS the death of ME! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 02:54 PM
mylestone
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS the death of ME! HELP

Hi all I have yet to solve the abs brake light on my 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 Its a 3.9 liter,rear wheel drive, auto,v-6 with rear wheel abs only.I have replaced the rear shoes,Bleed them to death,set parking brake,checked front discs for leakes,Replaced rearend sensor,EVERYTHING but SING TO IT! yet the abs light comes on in 10 to 30 miles everytime!Even in the manual the marked fuse is wrong and I have yet to find even the dam fuses even in the underhood relay box! Where is it?Does ANYONE have a solution to this problem?How can I bleed the abs unit if it has a airbubble on top of abs unit?Reverse bleeding has been mentioned but don't have power bleeder!It stops on a dime,Has all new pads and shoes and has been bleed to death!Yet the light comes on everytime!New sensor the works! I'm going nuts! I could make a hemi Cusa sing in 1970 but a mechanic I am no more especially with computer diagnosing to find any problem!I'm not a teck and never will be I'm a old fasion mechanic that finds problems not told by a computer whats wrong!!!!
Help my mechanic friends!!!!!
Myles

Old 03-10-2010, 07:25 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mylestone
the abs light comes on in 10 to 30 miles every time!
If it were a sensor or air in the lines it would not take 10-30 miles to trip the ABS light, it would come on fairly quickly. I suspect you have a bad ABS module/computer.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Rusty93RamVan
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alloro
If it were a sensor or air in the lines it would not take 10-30 miles to trip the ABS light, it would come on fairly quickly. I suspect you have a bad ABS module/computer.
I think in this van the electronic control module is located under the glovebox tub. It should be a black plastic box, possibly marked Kelsey Hayes. You should be able to pick one up at your local U-Pull-It boneyard for $5.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:51 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

If it's not there then it's on the ABS valve under the battery.

Quick Reply: ABS the death of ME! HELP