Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Can't find an 85 B150 Grille?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 08:13 PM
tmacmil102
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can't find an 85 B150 Grille?

I've looked everywhere. Been to almost every site. Ordered and payed for the grille twice from 2 different sites that both belonged to US AutoParts Network and had to wait 3 weeks to get a refund each time because they never had the part to begin with. Any suggestions for classic parts?
Thank you.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:39 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

You didn't list the 2 sites you tried, so I have no way of knowing if I'm offering a duplicate suggestion.

http://www.autopartsfair.com/dodge-e...lles-7340.html

Old 03-30-2011, 09:01 AM
tmacmil102
Default Thank you for replying

Auto Parts Fair .com is the site the has my money now. I called them to make sure they had the part after the card charge listed US Autoparts Network. I was told that they don't have the part yet and a tracking number would not be available for 9 days and to call them back on April 8th.
But thank you for trying, I appreciate it. I've learned my lesson to call before clicking submit with my credit card info. I went to moparparts.com and they listed the grille, I put it in the cart, registered with the site and was about to fill out the credit card info and then decided to call. They told me that the manufacturer no longer made the grilles. I ask why it available for me to purchase on the site and he said that was just a catalogue.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:27 AM
tmacmil102

The first site I had tried and paid for the grille that didn't exist was AutoParts Warehouse .com. Which also charged my card as US AutoParts Network.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:34 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by tmacmil102
AutoParts Warehouse .com.
Yeah I avoid them like the plague. They have these bogus search results that always come up in Google. Then when you click the link, the part doesn't exist for your vehicle. So now I don't even waste my time clicking on any link that has their name in it.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:41 PM
landyacht318
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered my Silla Aluminum radiator from APW. It claimed a 3 row 1.87 inch core thickness. It arrived as a 1 row, 1 1/4 inch thick radiator.

They sent me a UPS tracking number, the same day it arrived from On trac.

I now get about a half dozen junk mails a week from them.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:09 AM
tmacmil102

Yup, all the same here. I've also tried the online parts searches and received all kinds of phone calls and emails. Some seam real inviting, they say they have the part, they quote a good price and shipping, but I'm afraid they are no different.
Mean while I can't find this grille anywhere, not even a billet to fill in the space.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Mechanician
Amateur

I know this is a lame suggestion that you've already looked for, I'm sure... eBay?
I've bought bumpers and grill inserts from an awesome salvage yard in Houston through eBay auctions. Also found new, cheap knock-off tail lights.
Good luck,
Mech

Old 04-02-2011, 08:02 AM
tmacmil102
Wink Not lame at all.

I've been looking on ebay for a while and had the chance several times to buy one there for a fair price but at that time I also had found these other sites owned by US Auto Parts Network abd chose to order through them. And that just tied up my money while they looked for a grille and then told me they didn't have it. I didn't want to buy the ebay grille and maybe end up with 2. Now that I have an order in with AutoParts Fair (owned by US AutoParts Network) I feel secure that by april 9th they won't have the grille so I am looking on ebay and as things go they have 86 and above, ones for rectangular light, but the 78-85 round light grille I need is no longer there. Live and Learn..
Anyone know if searches from sites like junkyard dog and others are any good?

Old 04-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Mechanician
Amateur

Junkyard dog... I forgot about them. I used them a few years ago when my neighbor's car needed cv joints. Good experience. Worth a try.

So... since we're on the subject of grills and you mentioned headlights;

Anybody know what years and trim models had the dual rectangular front end?

My '91 B250 has been added to the fleet because it was cheap and had a/c and heat. My wife was driving my truck and I was commuting daily on a motorcycle until it hit 34°

I really thought I would be immune to the allures of a van.

Now I'm wanting to fix it up for long, comfortable commutes on the inside and maybe give it a little pimp on the outside. Dual headlight grill would be bitch'n.
Then maybe an old school air dam and very slight fender flares?
Mech

Quick Reply: Can't find an 85 B150 Grille?