Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

91 B250 rear door panel door handle removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Mechanician
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 91 B250 rear door panel door handle removal

I don't have much of an interior to my 91 B250 cargo. What I do have is worn and dirty and is get'n yanked out. I'm going to insulate the heck out of it and cover with marine or indoor/outdoor carpet... no thin wood paneling, just carpet stuck directly in place of the panels.

So I started pulling panels tonight. Got the sides off but the two rear doors each have a two piece plastic frame around the interior door handle. No screws that I could see retain these things. I guess they just snap in. I want to reuse them around the carpet when installed. They're already pretty cracked.

How do I remove them in tack without breaking them?

Thanks,
Mech

Old 04-16-2011, 12:49 PM
lilredex
Rookie

You do it with popsicle sticks (tongue depressors), so the top piece can slide down over the lower half and out, damage free............no foolin'. Get a MOPAR manual, the procedure is described in there.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Mechanician
Amateur

No manual but yep... just pulled 'em out last night. Flat head screwdriver pry'n the upper frame in so it could clear the lower and it pulls right out. Thanks.

Mech

Quick Reply: 91 B250 rear door panel door handle removal