Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

85 b-150 steering column help

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 12:29 AM
rokhard
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 b-150 steering column help

I got pretty deep in to dismantling my (tilt) steering column, but got stuck. Anyone have a good full schematic of an 85 steering column? My buddy came over and had a service manual for a 93 truck, but the column was very different. None of my manuals were of any help either.

Basically, there are three screws deep within, that vibrated out of their holes, and now the collar with the blinkers and ignition and stuff rotate freely. I can see the screws, but cant get to them, and cant figure out how to get into the tilt box to screw them back in. I'd hate to have to buy a new column from the junkyard, but Im at a total loss. The best thing we've come up with is there are two 1/4 inch wide pins, one on each side. I can tell they have splines, like they were pounded in. The pins have a threaded hole in the middle that almost fit a very small machine screw. We are wondering if you need to put the proper screw in the pin, and use a slide hammer to get it out, but the threads are so fine, I think it would ruin them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: 85 b-150 steering column help