Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Problem filling gas talk

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:56 PM
mjgwagner
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem filling gas talk

A couple of months back I started having a problem filling the gas talk on my dodge van. When filling the tank the fuel backs up and starts seeping out the filler nozzle. It doesn't seem to make a difference what pump I use at my regular station or if I go elsewhere. The one thing I experienced at one other station was that the distance from the gasket mating surface to the end of the nozzle was longer then the station I usually go to and I was not able to insert the nozzle into the filler neck deep enough for the gasket mating surface to contact the top of the filler neck. There is a ring located down inside the filler neck that is attached to the side of the filler neck via a spring hinge. Not sure if it has anything to do with the problem but that could have something to do with the longer nozzle at the other gas station not being able to be inserted deep enough for the mating gasket to touch the filler neck. I disconnected the two fuel lines (the larger hose for the actual filler line and the small vent hose) and couldn't find any obstruction.

Has anyone ever had this problem?

TIA,
Michael Wagner

Old 02-01-2012, 11:58 PM
mjgwagner
Amateur

1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Van, 318 cu in, automatic, 129"WB

Old 02-02-2012, 04:22 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

No I haven't had this problem. But as I recall, some that have solved it by clearing out an obstruction in the smaller vent hose that runs alongside the filler hose.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:56 PM
mjgwagner
Amateur

I did check out the small hose line but maybe I should double check the part of the tube at the bend.

Quick Reply: Problem filling gas talk