Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

from tilt to non-tilt steering columns

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 02:15 AM
89b150
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default from tilt to non-tilt steering columns

hello;

I have a broken turn signal switch.

I would like to know if a non-tilt steering column can be easily put in a van that has a tilt-steering column.

The reason for asking about the column is because I am able to pick up a van that comes with a non-tilt column. (My present column is tilt.)

This van also comes with parts that I can make use of, such as a windshield and a couple of doors.

From what I have read, the tilt turn signal switch is different from the non-tilt turn signal switch, hence the reason for the column change.

Would the electrical connections give me a problem.

Thank you,

89b150

Old 04-25-2012, 04:12 AM
blackvan
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 89b150
hello;

I have a broken turn signal switch.

I would like to know if a non-tilt steering column can be easily put in a van that has a tilt-steering column.

The reason for asking about the column is because I am able to pick up a van that comes with a non-tilt column. (My present column is tilt.)

This van also comes with parts that I can make use of, such as a windshield and a couple of doors.

From what I have read, the tilt turn signal switch is different from the non-tilt turn signal switch, hence the reason for the column change.

Would the electrical connections give me a problem.

Thank you,

89b150

Hi, It looks like you are correct, the replacement part lists as tilt vs non-tilt. If the price is right I would buy the van for the doors and windshield anyway ($600 in parts) The switch you want is only $52.79 + shipping, maybe even cheaper for a used switch on Ebay.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,4832

Old 04-25-2012, 06:17 PM
89b150
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the quick response blackvan.

Oddly enough, the price of this van is $600.00. It has a 3.9 Litre V-6.

He put on the new head gaskets together with gasket silicone, therefore they need to be done again.

The body, according to the ad is in "near mint" condition, with only one small rust spot.

And, it is black.

thanks,

89b150

Attached Thumbnails from tilt to non-tilt steering columns-van1.jpg  

Last edited by 89b150; 04-25-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Quick Reply: from tilt to non-tilt steering columns