Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

94 Dodge van 318 stalls When engine warms up

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 03:59 AM
umustb1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Dodge van 318 stalls When engine warms up

94 Dodge b250 v-8 318. When the engine warms up the van stalls when you push on gas. Have installed new Distributer, Rotor, spark plugs, cam position sensor,air temp sensor, coil, crank sensor, air idle motor, map sensor, Throttle position sensor. New PCM. Same problem.
My radiator hose sprung a hole and leaked out water at first. Then after replacing the hose, thats when it started to run badly. Check engine light is on. When i pulled the codes they were, 12, 45, 37, 22, 55. I do not hAve lock out solinoid. I can not erase these codes either. Code 22 says my temp sensor is bad. But it is working. When I disconnect the wire the temp needle goes down. This is driving me crazy. Anyone have any suggestions.

I also checked the fuel pressure and it was a little high. The van will run fine for about 10 minutes then die and stall when pedal is pushed.
R.H.

Old 08-24-2005, 07:02 AM
c903
Default RE: 94 Dodge van 318 stalls When engine warms up

Having replaced several electrical parts, I would start by having the computer reset.

I would also check for leaking injector{s} and I would install a new fuel filter. Fuel filters are one of the commonly overlooked parts when the problem seems to be fuel related. The filter is also a commonly ignored part when servicing and tuning an engine.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:12 PM
umustb1

Thanks for the reply. I have found the problem. The wiring diagram I had showed only 1 engine coolant temprature sonsor. I was getting code 22 so I looked all over and could only visualize one ECT. A mechanic friend of mine said there was 2 of them. I finally found a engine diagram that showed the second one. You can't see it but its under (almost) the AC compressor. I felt down there and sure enough there was a sensor there. The wire had come loose. The snap holding it down had been broken off some time earlier. I must have bumped it when working on a hose that was leaking and the plug came off. I plugged it in and bingo, everything worked fine. Sometimes its the simplist thing. Its been a real night mare, but at least I'm pretty darn familiar with all the electrical componants.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:49 PM
c903

A problem solved is always a rush.....depending on cost?

Quick Reply: 94 Dodge van 318 stalls When engine warms up