Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1500 ram van ac question

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 09:06 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was curious what you used to do the smoke test? I've seen a bunch of youtube videos but I kinda liked this one over the cigar method or buiding my own
I had threatened to buy one of these fog machines in a post a month or 2 ago to do a smoke test but put it off. It's halloween season soon and the stores should be carrying them and I'll be able to decide better which to get and give it a try.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:10 AM
captainflex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a fog machine would work perfect. I personally used a cigarette. Make the best out of a bad habit. However it seems to have done the trick! Ac is working in the front vents again.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:44 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by JFloors
then the line goes n tees into this contraption next to it then heads back to the 3 way on side the the intake. That contraption has an electrical plug to it and I think has something to do possibly with the vents anyone is welcome to educate us if they happen to know...
That could be the an A/C compressor cutout relay. When stomping on the gas the vacuum drops, the contacts open and the compressor shuts down for more acceleration power.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:59 AM
blackvan
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by blackvan; 07-31-2016 at 04:15 AM. Reason: removed by me
Old 12-16-2015, 05:48 PM
rush1981
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ac vents

van with 5.2 L. and have same problem but mainly when ac is on max, it will blow through defrost vents. if i put it on reg ac, not max then it blows correctly but will still start blowing through defrost if I am accelerating then when I let off on gas it goes back right. also if I start it off on max ac and turn it to low it will blow correctly after about 10 seconds or so but as soon as I hit 35-40 mph it starts blowing through defrost again. have not solved this problem yet and now I am having a problem that when I turn on ac the battery gauge goes down and it blows the ac/starter fuse and will not start until I replace fuse. mine is a 98 ram 1500

Quick Reply: 1500 ram van ac question