Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

WOW...LED Headlamps

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 10:19 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by landyacht318
Also you are an electrician. Why that certainly makes you an automotive lighting expert,

As for my illegal lighting, they only come on with my high beams, and only when some arrogant ignorant self important douche like yourself thinks their glaring illegal unsafe.
There is no difference in building wiring and lighting versus automotive wiring and lighting. it's all the same technology operating at different voltage levels. When such a simple fact can so easily elude you, then anything you say on the subject is suspect and lacking in credibility.

Then with your rant over myself and others running "illegal" and "unsafe" lighting on our vans only to hear that you're also running "illegal" and "unsafe" lighting on your van just makes your whole position laughable. Add to that the fact that you are willing to deliberately impair another driver while he is operating a moving vehicle not only demonstrates your character as evil but I also suggest it is highly criminal.

What do you do for kicks when you're not driving, shine laser pointers into cockpits of airliners just because the airplane noise offended you?

Old 10-27-2015, 10:24 PM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that using the braid on the LED headlights as a heat sink is pretty interesting. Some use fans and others use large heat sinks. That's all I have to say about that.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:32 PM
alloro
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by SteveR
I think that using the braid on the LED headlights as a heat sink is pretty interesting. Some use fans and others use large heat sinks. That's all I have to say about that.
I touched the braiding after a one hour drive and they were only slightly warm, not hot. The use of the braiding allows for the bulb retainer ring to fit on, while the large heat sinks usually prevent that from happening. The problem with the fans is that they can fail and the LED overheats. The second issue with the fan is that it adds to the electrical load when one of the ideas behind LEDs is the reduction of power usage.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:47 PM
landyacht318
Record Breaker

Alloro, you know absolutely nothing about automotive lighting. For you to recommend these LED retrofits is asinine and doing a serious disservice to anyone who puts any weight on your words.

Your lights are likely highly disturbing to anybody on the opposite side of the road, Mine are only disturbing to others that irritate my eyes with their illegal blinding glare kits, and only when I choose to return the favor of blinding glare by flicking on my High beams.

So I can choose to return the favor of being a douche, you just always are.

That you keep harping on my admittedly illegal lighting, only proves you have no clue, and no viable argument. You are merely overwhelmingly ignorant about automotive lighting, and want other people to join you jump over the cliff with you to justify your extremely poor purchase.

My illegal lights are optional. i never drive around with my high beams on when there is somebody driving at me, unless of course they are blinding me with their illegal LED or HID bulbs that were foolishly installed in a reflector designed around a filament light source .

You should really be ashamed of yourself,

Maybe you should rewire your whole Van with Romex, since there is no difference between household lighting and automotive lighting/wiring.

As if you needed to do anything other than unplug two connectors and twist . Lots of Skill and knowledge required there.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:06 PM
alloro
Dodge Forum Moderator

For you to recommend these LED retrofits is asinine and doing a serious disservice to anyone who puts any weight on your words.

My illegal lights are optional. i never drive around with my high beams on when there is somebody driving at me, unless of course they are blinding me with their illegal LED or HID bulbs that were foolishly installed in a reflector designed around a filament light source .

You should really be ashamed of yourself,

Maybe you should rewire your whole Van with Romex, since there is no difference between household lighting and automotive lighting/wiring.

As if you needed to do anything other than unplug two connectors and twist . Lots of Skill and knowledge required there.
Asinine recommendation according to whom...you? Remind us again what your education, training, and experience is on this subject matter?

You "never" drive with your illegal high beams on when someone is driving at you, unless of course it suits your purpose, then you do with complete disregard for anyone's safety. But if anyone does what you do then according to your hypocritical thinking, they are the devil's spawn riding a fire chariot from hell.

Feel free to write back from your prison cell and remind us of your self-righteous justification after that other driver you deliberately impaired plows into a couple of kids on the side of the road that he couldn't see.

FWIW, I said building wire I didn't specify household. Your interpretation of my remark only further demonstrates you're limited knowledge in this area. Ever hear of single conductors, conduit, wire ways, structural wiring harnesses, etc.? Didn't think so! Again, thinking that twisting 2 wires together and spinning a wirenut on is all inclusive of the skills needs continues to demonstrate your lack of comprehension of the vastness of the field.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:41 PM
SteveR
Captain

I use wire nuts on 500 MCM solid all day long. Good exercise compared to hydraulics.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:48 PM
alloro
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by SteveR
I use wire nuts on 500 MCM solid all day long. Good exercise compared to hydraulics.
That's the old fashion way. Nowadays with wire that large we just tap the two conductors together with the power on and the resulting arc welds them together. A few wraps of black tape and it's good to go.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:18 AM
landyacht318
Record Breaker

Your H4 LED lightbulbs are unsafe, and illegal, and you are actively promoting their use on a public forum in which the owners have made the foolish decision to make you a moderator.

As Such you should realize your product recommendations carry more weight, and your recommendations are much more likely to cause an accident by others believing that not only can they see better with the same or similar downgrade, when they can't. Add to that they are also blinding drivers in the oncoming lanes. There is simply no way possible, that a halogen reflector can actually reflect the light from any current LED source, into a beam suitable for ON road usage. The beam can never comply with the intents of ALL headlight designers, who pour millions of dollars into research into making a good headlight designed solely around the particular light source.

It is YOU who have absolutely no Knowledge on the subject of Automotive lighting, and your researching of CREE does not only reveal your ineptitude on this matter, but your ineptitude in general. Your ability to twist wire nuts on Romex means nothing. I've Wired homes too. Green to green white to white and black to black. Real genius requirement there.

My high beams might be illegal, but both your high beams and Low beams are illegal, and no matter how much you might deceive yourself into thinking that you can see better(you can't) or that your lights are not overly glaring to others( they are), all that your statements on this subject denote is that you are blind, and arrogant, and ignorant on this subject matter and it seriously calls into question all your responses on any subject matter, not just this one in which you are obviously so dangerously clueless.

I've only used my illegal high beams on one offender in six months. Everybody who has driven on the opposite side of the road as you has spots before their eyes and their visual acuity impaired. You and your ignorance on this manner are far far more dangerous than my high beams.

My GE nighthawk Sealed beams getting voltages within 0.3v of alternator voltage will greatly outperform your cheesy unsafe illegal and dangerous LED h4 drop ins on any scientific testing with actual testing devices.

You have no argument. You are wrong, and delusional, and Immoral for promoting an Unsafe product to be installed in a safety device.

But go ahead and harp on my illegal additional and optional high beams.

Your LED H4 bulbs are illegal, ineffective, and unsafe, always.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:32 AM
alloro
Dodge Forum Moderator

Your H4 LED lightbulbs are unsafe, and illegal, and you are actively promoting their use on a public forum in which the owners have made the foolish decision to make you a moderator.
All I'm hearing is blah, blah, blah, "I sure wish I knew more than I do." Then there's the how only you know which lights are good, only you can break the law when it suits you, only you can act as judge, jury, and executioner, only you have a justifiable lighting setup, only you know all about lighting and wiring, and now finally, only you know how to run a forum. Boy oh boy, you sure are full of yourself these days. Perhaps it's time you found someone to settle down with and buy a house instead of living alone and out of your van. You might end up being less miserable and self-righteous in the end.

Old 10-28-2015, 02:15 AM
landyacht318
Record Breaker

Misery is having to share a planet with humans like you.

Have fun paying that mortgage and being a perfectly emasculated servant monkey to your significant other.

I'll continue enjoying my freedom.

Anybody who takes your advice or recommendations on the subject of Automotive lighting is going down the wrong path. But that path is already well trodden with the Ignorant and self important.

Quick Reply: WOW...LED Headlamps