Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

fuse panel question

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 01:01 AM
Ryan Shaffer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuse panel question

hello everyone

i have a 1997 dodge ram van b2500 its one of those conversion types of vans.

i have the fuse panel in the engine compartment its all labeled and such.

then there is a fuse panel in the glove compartment but nothing is labeled and i don't know what goes to what.

then there is a third fuse panel behind the drivers seat on the wall of the van, i have no idea what that's for and haven't been able to find anything in any searches on it.

i don't have any manuals for the van they didn't come with the van from the dealer i bought it from.

any advice and help would be appreciated.

thanks

ryan

Old 06-04-2016, 01:41 PM
iodj44
Veteran

A good idea would be to include in your post the conversion manufacturer.

Hope someone on the forum has the same conversion and can assist you.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:22 AM
Ryan Shaffer

it was done at the factory i am sure.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:22 PM
iodj44
Veteran

Ryan Shaffer, you say your 1997 Ram B Van has a factory conversion. Should that be the case it would be the first 1997 Dodge factory conversion that I am aware of, it is more likely a aftermarket conversion.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Ryan Shaffer

I think it was made this way. Everything is integrated into the vehicle.

some parts for this van has two versions one for the stock passenger van one for the conversion higher end van.

for example I had the alternator go bad. the one on it was the one for the stock van I think it was an 80amp alternator. the conversion van is supposed to have the 136amp alternator, which I bought.

the 80amp one was working and a new one probably would have worked just fine since I don't use all those bells and whistles. all the extra lights are rarely used. I never hook up (or never have) the tv to the tv inputs in the floor by the drivers side.

so maybe conversion is not the right way to describe it but thats how it was listed as the dealer i bought it from (and no they are no help after a sale).

I assume the stock base model only has the fuse panels in the engine compartment and glove box. I am betting the one behind the drivers seat integrated into the wall of the van is for the more luxury van that uses all those lights, tv, radio, etc

Its not a conversion in terms of a high top, sink, bed, etc (well i guess the original back seats folded down into a bed but my van didn't have those just the two front captain seats and two seats behind them the bench seat was not with the van.

pictures of van (not my actual one)

outside of van
https://www.google.com/search?q=1997...Ophq1URubtM%3A

inside

Old 06-05-2016, 06:09 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

Conversions were never done at the factory. They would be subcontracted out, returned, then shipped off to the dealer.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:50 PM
a1mfw
Rookie

Yes there are 2 alternator's you could use for this van. The comments about sink and such are a camper van which is different than the conversion van.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:08 PM
a1mfw
Rookie

They had 3 van models: cargo, conversion and camper. Conversion and Campers were done by outside companies.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Ryan Shaffer

then i have no idea there's nothing to indicate that i know of.

i've only had it for a year and i have no manuals for it so i don't know what the fuse panels details.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:47 PM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

many private shops do conversions on stock Dodge vans... I had a stock '94 van that I dropped off at a shop, and 2 months later picked up a fully customized travel van with all kinds of built-in gadgets and lights... NO DOCUMENTATION comes with these conversions unfortunately...

turn everything on, and start pulling fuses and take notes as you go... you'll figure most of it out.

136 amp alternators are pretty stock items on most of these big vans, although you could put on the 80 amp also... if you never drove with lights on, stereo blaring, wipers running and had a weak battery, so you would not have enough juice to start after going to the movies for 2 hours...

Quick Reply: fuse panel question