Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Flex plate cover help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 01:44 AM
Vandal78
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flex plate cover help?

Hi, good to be here! I have a 1978 B200 4wd modified and I look straight at the flex plate. I want to go 4 wheeling but I'm sure that dirt and rocks could get kicked up in there.

I would wonder what year dodge vans would have a cover I can use, you know, go to the pick and pull. I've checked the ones nearby and the closest is an 83.

Hey, again, cool to be here, and I hope I can contribute some knowledge too.

Thanks

Old 04-30-2017, 08:28 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Welcome to DF!

It's likely that any flexplate cover from dodges of that era with the same engine/trans combo would work, regardless whether it comes from a van, truck, car, whathaveyou.

Pics of your Van?

Old 04-30-2017, 11:50 PM
Vandal78
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds good to me! Thanks, and I will post some photos and talk about this project of mine soon. I'm having fun with it for sure and learning.

My brother in law has been helping me, cuz I didn't know anything, and a youtube tutorial can only take you so far, the one on tie rod end replacement didn't mention you might need to sledge hammer the pickle fork for 5 minutes, lol. But my bro in law is pretty busy and I thought a forum might help me too. And yeah, it's paid off already HeyYou, thanks again.