Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Crank´s but no start

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 06:03 PM
curonja
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank´s but no start

Hello!

I´m Mr Andersson from Sweden and I´m a proud owner of a 2000 Dodge Ram Van 2500 with a 5.9L gasoline Engine.

I have the following problem:

I have good sparks on all cylinders, I have a fuel pressure of 50.76 Psi but it will not fire up and run, when i try to start, it will fire up and then stop again and when I still crank the engine it fill´s up the cylinders with gasoline and then I have to remove the sparkplugs and crank the Engine so the gasoline is going out again.

If I open the trottle and put some gasoline in to the throttle body ( I have removed the fuse for the fuelpump) then it will start and run for a short time.

I have changed the following parts:

sparkplugs and wire´s, rotor and distributor cap, coil, crankshaft position sensor, distributor pickup coil, fuel injector´s and the ECM (reprogrammed with my VIN and mileage).

I have checked so all the ground cables are good.

I have also checked the TPS sensor and it shows 12% in closed position and when I put the pedal to the metal, it shows 75% in my Autel maxicheck instrument.

Can the map sensor or the IAC make this problem, fill up the cylinders with gasoline, or do I have other problems?

with kind regards

Mr Andersson

Old 05-03-2017, 09:50 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When my IAC was failing it would take a few tries to start and working the pedal to get it to idle. Wouldn't hurt for you to pull harness plug, the 2 torx screws and take a look, if never done the iac and the port it fits into gets gunked up and full of carbon. It may just only need a good cleaning and it's a pretty easy thing to do.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:52 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

The cylinders fill up with gasoline? The only way for that to happens is if the injectors stick open.

Does this happen to all cylinders?
Are you sure you have the correct injectors and were they new or rebuilt injectors?

Last edited by alloro; 05-05-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:07 AM
curonja
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alloro
The cylinders fill up with gasoline? The only way for that to happens is if the injectors stick open.

Does this happen to all cylinders?
Are you sure you have the correct injectors and were the new or rebuilt injectors?

Yes it happens to almost all cylinders but a Little bit more in cyl 7. It also happen with the old injectors, the new injectors are Bosch remanufactured 4 holes flow matched. see link http://www.ebay.com/itm/252823030298