Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Dodge van 2500 adding A/C & Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 10:29 PM
unixadventurevan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge van 2500 adding A/C & Cruise

Hi Guys!

I did have a look around in the forum and could not see anything covered, so I thought I'd ask. I currently have 2 Dodge van's, 2003 1500 and a 2002 2500. While the 2003 Is newer and has the cruise control + A/C, It does have the 89K miles, a couple of bad rust holes on the side panel near the wheel arches.. Oh and that horrible peeling paint everywhere!

So I also managed to get a 2002 very cheap, this Is In very good condition, Is a 2500 and has less than 40K miles on It. The downside Is that It has no cruise control or A/C. However It does have some sort of heater (in the cargo area) connected from the front radiator.

My question Is (bearing in mind I'm not a mechanic, but I'm can do the fairly easy repairs and general maintenance) can I use the 2003 as a donar and take the cruise control and A/C out and put It on the 2002?

1. Is this too much hassle/not doable just to have these Items?

2. If not recommended for a non highly skilled mechanic, do you think a mechanic would even look into a project like this?

Last edited by unixadventurevan; 06-30-2017 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Missed point of my question, looked confusing
Old 07-01-2017, 07:56 AM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I put on an aftermarket cruise control on my '01 from

http://www.thecruisecontrolstore.com/

call them... very helpful

putting AC in without the proper tools and training is possibly illegal due to controls on Freon release into atmosphere

I put a 12V fan on the dash board to blow on my face while driving with the windows open... you can pick those up for about $10

the rear radiator was a heater/AC unit for the rear... better to remove