Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

90' B250 - Steering Wheel Adapter Hub

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 10:24 PM
cocoon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90' B250 - Steering Wheel Adapter Hub

Hi,
I'm new to the forum, I have a Ram B250 Maxivan Roadtrek, 5.2l with 33000 miles on it, so basically new. I'm looking to help it shake the cobwebs off and upgrade it a bit. Right now I replacing deteriorated suspension and steering parts.

I'd like to install an aftermarket steering wheel to replace the OE wheel. The new leather steering wheel is a 6 bolt, but I can't figure out which hub adapters will fit. Can anybody give me a recommendation or tell me the shaft diameter and # of splines I should be looking for (36 splines 3/4" dia. ?) I read somewhere that most hub adapters for US cars from the 70s to early 90s should work, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Thank you.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:43 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Call me silly, but if you want to be sure you're ordering the correct one, why aren't you popping the steering wheel off, measuring the shaft and counting the splines?

Old 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
cocoon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alloro
Call me silly, but if you want to be sure you're ordering the correct one, why aren't you popping the steering wheel off, measuring the shaft and counting the splines?
Well, I can't find my steering wheel puller, last time I used it was 15 years ago. So I figured somebody on the forum may have gone through this before, had a recommendation for a great adapter, some advice to offer before I dig in.